I've never owned a BlackBerry. In a couple of months , I can get an upgrade on my contract. I've owned an iphone and it was nice, good texting but poor phone. I'm currently using an HTC desire and really don't like it. Crap keyboard - I've tried them all - and really rubbish battery life. I need a phone that is primarly a really good phone and really good for email/text. Good internet is important too, which is why I think a 9900 is the way to go next. Plus it looks fantastic ! I use gmail as my main email. Is that easy to use/set up on BB ? Also battery life is important and some users are reporting poor life. There's no point in having a phone if it can't last a day of moderate use.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks,

Wayne
    09-24-11 01:58 PM
    Very easy to set up for gmail.

Go to a store and test it out bro.

I think people with issues are usually comparing it to the 9700 which was amazing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 02:55 PM
    welcome to Crackberry, it sounds like a 9900 might be right up your alley, like Death Command said, go try them out
    09-24-11 09:13 PM
    Welcome! The 99 is a fantastic phone. I get through a 12-16 hour day on a charge, depending on phone usage, BBM Groups rejoins, etc. Gmail is a breeze, and the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in is built into OS7. I use Gmail on IMAP and 2-way sync of messages works great. I am in a good AT&T service area, I guess, because I do not drop calls (unless I'm calling an iPhone person...seriously). Sound quality and volume are excellent on this device, including Bluetooth (Jawbone Prime), handset, and speakerphone.

Try one in a store. I think you'll love it.

09-25-11 02:34 AM
    Welcome! The 99 is a fantastic phone. I get through a 12-16 hour day on a charge, depending on phone usage, BBM Groups rejoins, etc. Gmail is a breeze, and the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in is built into OS7. I use Gmail on IMAP and 2-way sync of messages works great. I am in a good AT&T service area, I guess, because I do not drop calls (unless I'm calling an iPhone person...seriously). Sound quality and volume are excellent on this device, including Bluetooth (Jawbone Prime), handset, and speakerphone.

Try one in a store. I think you'll love it.

Glad you liked the device I have it too it just makes my day flyby without problems and is quite enjoyable too with the device there!
    09-25-11 06:14 AM
    If you do a lot of internet surfing, you may find the 9900 screen a little small...but browsing itself is great. The Torch 9810 might be something to consider too.

But the 9900 is a fantastic phone!
    09-25-11 06:34 AM
    bear in mind, more you do beyond calls, sooner battery will die. true for all phones - way back, my sanyo battery lasted five full days on standby; but if you use a phone all day to stream live music, as well as text, talk, browse, battery is drained & will not last for days. Decide you can cope w/ idea of backup batteries with external battery charger. or desktop charger, and enjoy your new BB
    09-25-11 06:36 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know how it goes !
    09-26-11 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD