I'm not a big stock market/details guy, but why would something like this NOT be part of the RIM financials last week?

EDIT: or maybe it was and i didn't pay attention?
    12-27-12 06:06 PM
    Do you think RIM acquired Newbay to obtain the patents and licenses? If so, very smart move...correct me if I'm wrong but when you sale a company, you can still have ownership over patents and licenses. From what I've read, Newbay has some pretty awesome technology.
    12-27-12 06:43 PM
    Do you think RIM acquired Newbay to obtain the patents and licenses? If so, very smart move...correct me if I'm wrong but when you sale a company, you can still have ownership over patents and licenses. From what I've read, Newbay has some pretty awesome technology.
    I am no M&A expert but when you sell a company you can strip what you want and fly the flag and see what you get. I hope Chris Umi weighs in on this but my guess is that they got something of potentially great value and sold off the rest with a nice tax write off as a loss. The other scenario is that the new leadership didnt see it as a gain and sold it as a loss for the tax write off. Also the other company that bought it was looking to increase subscribers. It might have worked out well for both .
    walt63 likes this.
    12-27-12 09:06 PM
    You got your rumors mixed with what you think they said!! RIM never said they were selling newbay.
    Edit; But they did sell them
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-28-12 12:25 AM
29 12