I second that, this is a pretty good read. I remember reading that article and finding it humorous. I also recently got a chance to play with my friends iPhone. While I still think my berry is best for my needs, I do confess that the shiny toy "wow" factor of it did briefly transform me into the spitting image of my infant son when he gets a new toy with lots of flashing lights. Far as web browsing and multimedia goes, the iPhone is pretty impressive. For actual business/messaging usage, I'll stick to my trusty Curve. Different users, different phones. Just my two cents.
    04-16-09 11:32 AM
    I think there's a difference between healthy "rivalry"...the fun stuff, that doesn't get too deep, and the crazy level. I believe that a large percentage of folks fall in the "fun rivalry" category. It's not for me to judge how people have fun, as long as my windows don't get broken out. Many guys seem to like the "My phone/car/stereo equipment is better than yours!!" type of interaction. Lotta guys here.

There's a second class of folk, who get in way too deep...those folks are a little harder to spot, initially. There's nothing you can do for them but pray that they get a life, and think, before they post. But they don't get that they're too wrapped up, and that lack of perception comes standard, with obsessive types.

I don't concern myself with either, until the second class of folk take it too far, with me, personally. Then, I try to encourage them to act more like the "fun" folk, and move on.

iPhone vs Blackberry is going strong, and I see no evidence that it's going to let up.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 04-16-09 at 11:42 AM.
    04-16-09 11:36 AM
    <<<<always sides with Graceless. And quite frankly, he is right on this. It is beyond me why people on this site talk so much about "the other guy". Go to a BMW forums, you don't see them slamming Infinity or Mini-Cooper. Why? Cause they don't care, they're focused what they're doing, which in our case, is Blackberry.

BTW, when did Cate become a Mod??
    04-16-09 11:36 AM
    hahaha that was great!
    04-16-09 12:48 PM
    <<<<always sides with Graceless. And quite frankly, he is right on this. It is beyond me why people on this site talk so much about "the other guy". Go to a BMW forums, you don't see them slamming Infinity or Mini-Cooper. Why? Cause they don't care, they're focused what they're doing, which in our case, is Blackberry.

BTW, when did Cate become a Mod??
    Been one for a year! Where have you been?
    04-16-09 01:53 PM
    Well, I've had my fill of entertainment for the day!

When I had to make a decision between a BB and an iPhone, it wasn't a matter of which was better ... it was a matter of which I was least likely to break! I also just plain don't like the idea of a touchscreen. I'm that person who asks "What happens when the screen freezes?!"
    04-16-09 04:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD