With the latest update to BBFileScout, there's a new way to hide videos on your BlackBerry smartphone. I'm using a Bold, but it probably works on others too.

First download the program. It's donationware, so payment is voluntary. It's an exceptional program, definitely worth something. (Yes, I'm proud to say I donated.)

Here's where to find the download page for either OTA or Desktop:
    bb.emacf1.com/bbfilescout.html (Sorry I don't have enough posts here to properly link it.) Scroll down to "Installation" and pick your format.

After it's installed, open the program and navigate through until you see either the folder or file you want to hide. You can hide one video at a time or an entire folder with its contents.

Suppose you want to hide all the videos in a folder. Highlight the folder, then press the menu button. Select [Details 'Foldername'] which will have the name of your folder instead of "Foldername," of course. Notice the box "[] is hidden". Check that box; then press "Close."

Now the folder is hidden, but the video player still knows about the files in it. The final step is to rename the folder. Do it, and the videos in there will disappear from the video player file list.

As if this wasn't cool enough, you can still browse to a video in a hidden folder using BBFileScout, click on the video, and it will play even though the video player doesn't know about the file!
    Last edited by Pandu108h; 05-24-09 at 01:59 AM.
    05-24-09 01:45 AM
    Great post newbie!!!!!! Lot of people will love this info!
    05-24-09 01:57 AM
    Would this work for pictures too?
    05-24-09 02:18 AM
    This seems great for making sure that unsuspecting people don't stumble on the evidence of your night of drunken debauchery... LMAO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 02:28 AM
    yes it works for pictures too. I have created a folder with all 'special pictures' and from BB scout hidden them.Then while exiting BB scout select from its menu to not show hidden files and folders. When I need to show them again use BB scouts menu option to show all hidden files and folders and you can see your hidden pics.
    And they cannot be seen from media> all pictures when they are hidden.
    05-24-09 02:29 AM
    Yes great post, i'll certainly download this on my work blackberry
    05-24-09 02:44 AM
    I can hide pictures to where they are also not seen by clicking media/all pictures and I don't have file scout.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD