I'm new to the blackberry world so please bare with for a little bit. I have a question about personal mail if I'm on a BES account. My new BB won't be here until tomorrow so I'm just looking for clarification.
    What I'll have is an 8130 on a Sprint BES account. I'll be connecting to Mailstreet's hosted BES. Will I still be able to set up my gmail on my Pearl even though I'm using BES? I own both the Sprint and Mailstreet accounts. Thanks for your help.
    02-11-08 12:53 PM
    Would depend on the policy set by Mailstreet.
    02-11-08 01:23 PM
    Thanks. They confirmed I could. I'm assuming I would log into Sprint's BIS site?
    02-11-08 02:25 PM
    No. BES and BIS are two different services. If you have BES, you can't have BIS. It's a one or the other kind of thing.
    02-11-08 02:39 PM
    So how would I set up my Gmail? I don't need instant email for my personal email but it would be nice to have it automatically pole every 15-30 minutes.
    02-11-08 02:46 PM
    I just read on blackberry forums that BES plans also include BIS plans. I'm assuming my BB will access BIS through Mailstreet's BES server.
    02-11-08 02:55 PM
    Possibly. I'm not very familiar with the ins and outs of BES, but I would think it would all be controlled from the BES server.
    02-11-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD