CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default new user...help!!!

ok new to this internet buisness on the phone!! ok i have got 250mb of internet now i have set up my phone to my wifi at home.. does my phone use that instead of using my allowance.. do i just leave phone to automatically connect to wifi???? is bb messenger free to use?? not sure how this bb service works my bill says i have bb email what does this include........sorry to sound so dim!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    2130912C

If you set your browser options>general properties to the wi-fi connection it will not use your carriers data,otherwise it will.
    LOOK,but don`t touch,
    TOUCH,but don`t taste,
    TASTE but don`t swallow...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

If you are connected to WiFi, the browser will automatically use that.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
    If you are connected to WiFi, the browser will automatically use that.
    correct! most of the newer devices (not sure about older ones (curve 83xx , bold 900 etc...)) will always prefer wifi over data, as long as you are connected to a wifi network.. there are certain apps that will still communicate through the data, and are only compatible that way...

in reading previous posts, with moderate use, you can expect about 20-30mb / month, even if you only ever use wifi...

if you like, try the app called 'cell manager' it's free, and you can keep track of monthly data, minutes, texts, etc....
    T Brenn | tbrennan@crackberry.com
    BB Q10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"