Got a new trackball installed in my wife's Pearl 8110 because her chrome trackball ring kept falling off. The phone store installed a new trackball and chrome ring, and all works fine, except that the chrome ring sits a bit too high, so it is not flush with the buttons next to it as the old one was. It's not a big deal, but is kinda annoying, as it is a bit harder to push the trackball. Did the installer install the trackball incorrectly, or did they just install a trackball from another phone, or a non-OEM trackball assembly?

Oh, and if I decide to order a new trackball assembly from CNN.cn, it says that their trackball does not come with the metal retainer ring. Does that mean that I have to transfer the ring from the old trackball to the new one when installing, and how do I changeout the trackball? The instructions on this board states that the trackball falls right out when you undo the chrome ring, but I also read on another post that you have to undo the metal retainer ring before the ball pops out. Which is it? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 03-09-09 at 08:34 AM.
    03-09-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD