I ordered one from ebay about a week and a half ago... Still not here.
    03-03-09 06:56 PM
    And that would be what exactly? Not being sarcastic here. If there is a legitimate reason for removing the ability to easily replace the part most prone to mechanical failure, I would truly like to know what it is.
    I am in charge of 1200 Blackberry contracts through my work and I can tell you that the two biggest reasons that we have to replace Blackberry's is broken screens and lost track balls. I have also talked to a RIM rep that I meet through work and he mentioned that trackball loss was a big problem and that was before the Bold was released. So nothing confirmed but I think they wanted to keep those pesky TB's where they belong.
    03-03-09 07:23 PM
    On the first post, I added a link to see them.
    03-03-09 07:27 PM
    Ok, is it just me or am I alone with wondering why GREEN track balls are not being offered? The Irish in me -- yeah, I know ... Wout is not very Irish-sounding -- yearns for a GREEN trackball ... any seconds on this?
    Well, yesterday I looked at cnn.cn, and they only had red, white, and black. I think the red was new either yesterday, or a few days before, as I check every once in a while and i didn't see it before. Today though I came up upon these. So who knows, they might have more colors coming soon. If so, I am sure green would be one of them.
    03-03-09 07:31 PM
    i'm deff. likeing the new colors
    03-03-09 07:35 PM
    I can totally understand that. But personally, if I were in charge of a slew of BBs, I would order a stock supply of trackball assemblies. It's easier and cheaper to replace the TB than the entire phone. The Bold no longer allows that.

I think of it as periodic maintenance. Maintenance laws tell us that mechanical pars are going to either fail or need to be replaced. It's going to happen. But you don't void the warranty on your vehicle because you change the windshield wipers, do you?

On my Curve, if the TB stopped scrolling, I could take it out, clean it, pop it back in and be good to go. No need to spend money and no need to go through warranty replacement or insurance only to get a refurb and have to start from scratch.

Sorry for the rant. This is just the one major flaw I've found with my Bold. Not that I love it any less.
    03-03-09 07:36 PM
    Ok, is it just me or am I alone with wondering why GREEN track balls are not being offered? The Irish in me -- yeah, I know ... Wout is not very Irish-sounding -- yearns for a GREEN trackball ... any seconds on this?
    I just checked and they have the Green trackball as well as Blue with white rim, purple with white rim and orange with white rim. Check it out on cnn.cn.
    03-19-09 04:08 PM
    i bought the red one from cnn and it is a piece of crap. definately no where near as good as the original one. dont even waste your time or money on the different colored ones from cnn.
    03-19-09 04:57 PM
    Looks great. Thanks alot
    03-19-09 05:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD