I have a Z 10 and at least 3 times a day I get a Notification that New Time Zone is set. Does anyone know how to stop this annoying Notification?

Thanks
    05-12-13 01:22 PM
    I have the same thing. I have tried turning off the auto time zone and that didnt help. I just happy that it at least picks the right time zone now. For a while it kept saying i was in Alaska....
    05-12-13 01:40 PM
    I travel a lot and not once has it automatically updated the time zone. I have checked the setting and it should work. It always works on my curve and 9900 so I'm curious why it doesn't work on my z10. I'm happy to wait and see if software updates fix it though.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:17 PM
    That's interesting. I use to get that quite often on my Storm2, but I've never seen it on my Z10. It never really was a "problem" just an annoyance.
    05-12-13 03:26 PM
    I got it whenever I entered or left an LTE coverage area. After disabling LTE, I've never seen it again.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:28 PM
    I just got back from a trip across several time zone and it worked perfectly. On Verizon.
    05-12-13 03:42 PM
    You may be on to something with the leaving and entering LTE. I'll have to pay more attention. The only thing that bothers me about it is when it picks the wrong time zone.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:24 PM
    I was getting this same message on my Q10, like you, two or three times a day. I turned off the auto update feature thinking that this might do the trick, but it persisted. It has since stopped, at least for the time being. I also experienced a series of pop server errors that required me to renter my account password each time, but that seems to have settled down as well.

Addendum :

I was wrong. I received another notification earlier this morning telling me that "Account Info Needed -- Your login information for POP server [pop.bellaliant.net] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." When I go to my Account Setting, it tells me I'm "Not Connected - Account Invalid". If I enter my password in the Update Password field and press Save, I'm good. However, I have to remember to first turn off my Wi-Fi under Network Connection because my outgoing message server (SMTP Service Address) is with Telus and not Sympatico. This is becoming a Royal Pain in the Bouctouche.
    Last edited by HereinHalifax; 05-13-13 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    05-12-13 05:05 PM