Berry-Surface

�The great BERRY will rise in the west, then be re-born in the east �
    09-09-15 11:43 PM
    Basically we need a BlackBerry tablet than can rival the Surface and still provide built in security, while enabling the fun factor and inspiring creativity regardless whomever uses the tablets. Maybe this could be an opportunity to re-jig the BlackBerry World ecosystem too.

Posted via CB10
    Stop drinking the Kool aid BlackBerry is dead outside of enterprise and gov

09-09-15 11:46 PM
    Stop drinking the Kool aid BlackBerry is dead outside of enterprise and gov

I'm well aware of the possibility of Android you know. No Kool-Aid here. But I still believe in bb10. Look it's not that bad after all. All it takes is word of mouth to turn the perceptions around and some reinforcement from BlackBerry itself. If BlackBerry needs to use Android to make $$, then I'd say use it to reinvest in BlackBerry 10. Make it 10x stronger and with quality, not quantity.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:02 AM
    " Hell, many believe that owning a BB somehow makes their phone calls and texts (SMS) secure, which is kind of hilarious...[/QUOTE]

Not having Google snooping through EVERYTHING I do makes me more secure. Even if that's the extent of it, that's a big deal to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:22 AM
    the picture is from dhabkirk so its much likely real
    Remember that it is part of a new segment he just announced. He hasn't said yet if the first image is fake or not

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:15 AM
    Do a rudimentary ELA on the image. There are several online tools for doing them. The tablet bezel and background are real enough but the whole UI likes up like a Christmas tree.
    Not sure what tool you're using, but Forensically doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. I compared it to a picture of a Playbook showing the app screen and didn't see any difference in the results.
    09-10-15 12:52 PM
    AMEN, Medic! I refuse to make it easier for slime to monetize my privacy. I also don't get how people discount the BB10 OS ability to let ME decide what permissions I allow an app to access. I'm not worried about the NSA following me. The idea of getting more and more spam, or worsening choices or pricing based on my shopping habits disgusts me. Since my idea of a pleasant way to kill time is either on this site, reading news from the real world (as opposed to "celebrity" gossip) the lack of games or enough idiotic social apps are not an issue. I have zero interest in either. So if a potentially useful app like an e-book reader wants all my data I kill it and go on with my life!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 03:45 AM
    Would I buy one? Probably.

Does that mean BlackBerry should build one? NO!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 03:12 AM
183 ... 678