Has anyone tried the new AT&T branded navigator software?
    I was having problems with Telenav 5.1 so I uninstalled it then tried to reinstall it using the install icon on the device. I downloaded this new software.
    Also, does anyone know where I can download Telenav 5.1 OTA?
    04-02-08 10:20 AM
    04-02-08 03:12 PM
    Thanks but I was looking for Telenav 5.1 just in case I don't like the AT&T branded navigation.
    04-02-08 05:45 PM
    I tried it and dumped my TeleNav right away.

I like the views it gives. At turns, it automatically goes from a 3D to 2D map view. It can change to more subdued colors for night use. It allows voice entry of nav points. It even has the ability to change the voice, including some kinda funny charicatures. I thought TeleNav was OK. I love the AT&T Navigator so far. Much more user friendly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 07:45 PM
    Somethin else to pay for as if phone bill wasn't already high enough.....don't forget about gas prices lol

04-02-08 08:05 PM
    Already was paying for TeleNav through AT&T, so it changes nothing and works better. Been looking at anything free I can find and it appears that nothing's out there to do the job this well.

04-03-08 04:52 AM
    Thanks but I was looking for Telenav 5.1 just in case I don't like the AT&T branded navigation.
    TeleNav for AT&T: TeleNav

However, make sure that you turn off Wi-Fi before downloading, and use the BB Browser.

You might want to try the AT&T branded version too, although I'm glad I have a choice at this point and I won't likely see the branded version as I don't want to have to reinstall it again right now.

I tried it and dumped my TeleNav right away.

I like the views it gives. At turns, it automatically goes from a 3D to 2D map view. It can change to more subdued colors for night use. It allows voice entry of nav points. It even has the ability to change the voice, including some kinda funny charicatures. I thought TeleNav was OK. I love the AT&T Navigator so far. Much more user friendly.

You didn't really dump TeleNav, you just upgraded to the AT&T version, but nice to know it has additional features. Personally, I like staying 3D even at turns, and I think the night adjustment will be in the next version anyway.

Now, voice entry of nav points, that is way cool. And I'm only changing voices if there is one sexier, haha. That does sound like fun though, maybe I'll have to check it out after all.

Patrick
    04-03-08 06:47 AM
    Yeah, it is just TeleNav with the AT&T branding and a few upgrades.

It also seems to offer a lot more in the way of sharing addresses and all that through the internet, to where it appears you can even enter addresses from a PC on the web and have them go to Navigator.
    Can also share locations with other people.
    And it also gives the weather.
    04-03-08 08:50 AM
    One more thing I loved about it, that I forgot to mention earlier . . .

If you're listening to the Navigator's turn-by-turn on a bluetooth headset, you don't get the first part of each sentence clipped like TeleNav used to do for me.
    04-03-08 01:16 PM
    I tried it out on the way home and found that it was a couple of seconds late on announcing a few of the turns. I am going to try on the way to work tomorrow to see if it continues to happen. One of the things I do like about it is that my Curve dosen't turn off while navigating like telenav.
    04-03-08 07:48 PM
    $10 a month for 2 years screw that check out the garmin app pay $80 once and that's it

08-08-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD