Over the years since migrating to BlackBerry primarily because of BlackBerry's 10 OS, I have seen many beautiful BlackBerry concept designs never making it to market for one reason or another.

Whether it's a change in corporate direction, change in CEO's or money concerns, what could have been, hasn't been.

My first mobile device was an HP Ipaq, because I wanted and needed to get work done while in transit. I sometimes would commute with a laptop, mobile device and a phone.

When Smartphones came on the scene, it was a Godsend. So if BlackBerry were to launch a new flagship device with the productivity of BlackBerry 10 OS wrapped in the functionality of the Passport in a hybrid form factor of the Classic, I would be in Hog Heaven.

Something around a 4.5 inch screen , with a little wider display than the Classic and a keyboard, would bring together all the elements I needed.

There were several concepts over the years that fit those specs. What happened to them
    and curved edges, for that matter? I don't think I'm alone in asking those questions.
    Below are just so of my favorite, but there's so many more:

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...30-concept.jpg

http://cdn3.blackberryempire.com/wp-...30-04-edge.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O3PfWYV.jpg

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...ish-my_q30.jpg

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...oncept-q30.jpg

If funding is the issue, maybe CrackBerry wouldn't mind sponsoring a contest where the Worldwide BlackBerry Community could choose their most desirable design from past and current concepts. Then if necessary, even go as far as enrolling it as a KickStarter project and see how the CrackBerry Community would respond to raising funds to actually partnering with BlackBerry to bring the device of "their" choosing to market.

The response would indicate consumer interest in the product and perhaps a portion the individual's contributions could possibly be converted toward the donator's initial purchase price.

I desperately wish for BlackBerry Flagship Devices to remain relevant in the marketplace, and one of the ways to do that, is to pinpoint what's the exact type of device BlackBerry Loyalists and possible new customers want to buy, without the hit and miss practices of the past.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:25 PM
    True and the last one looks to much like a bold 9900 the first concept was good
    05-14-15 06:55 PM
    None of these were anything more than Photoshop mockups by forum members and most of them would be far too impractical to ever make it to manufacturing.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:02 PM
    The issue with all the extended Q versions:

16:9 would probably be too long, 1:1 is what we have, and 4:3 (iPad) would introduce a new screen format, which would complicate matters for devs and apps, unless they can somehow recycle whatever they do/did for the iPad...

So, not sure. That's probably why the Zlider is coming, and why it's 16:9... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-15-15 04:33 PM
    I don't know OP but that second render is beautiful.
    05-15-15 07:13 PM
    You have to excuse the Photoshopped examples for being too conceptual. They were more for reference purposes than for practicality.

But they do state the original premise of being progressive in future designs, without totally departing from the BlackBerry (for lack of a better word) Design Matrix. Stepping forward without departing from the features that did them well in previous generations of devices. Whether it's a keyboard or non keyboard device.

I been reading commons asking: "What now, is the best BlackBerry" and "what does this model offer that model doesn't and which is best for me?"

These are fair questions given how segmented the models are. Not one model capable of defining itself as the best choice for the majority of BlackBerry users. A true Flagship.

Product Recognition in the Mobile Device Industry seems as important as it is in the Automotive industry.

The 911 has been around for half a century, but it still retains the design cues that identifies it as Porsche's Flagship. And along with those design cues are the performance characteristics and features that make it the brand's "Halo" car. A non-compromising model showcasing the best vision of what their brand is capable of being.

An Iconic brands have a signature looks that distinguishes it from the crowd. BlackBerry's look like BlackBerry's, Apple Phones look like IOS phones and now HTC and Samsung are making attempts to define themselves with the M9 and S6 model designs, respectively.

That's why I believe a non-compromising fully spec'd out, Iconic BlackBerry device, that the BlackBerry Community could pinpoint that they would be interested in purchasing might be a big help.

Just submit a favorite of your's....

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:56 PM