New BB7 add was posted today and was curious of the forums thoughts.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/2phgrzcAbKA?version=3
    10-26-11 11:16 AM
    I like it. I think QNX is further off they we think and they need to do something to promote/push OS 7. And I have no complaints over the current OS as it is.
    10-26-11 11:19 AM
    Good to see that RIM is advertising but they need to get it into places were people aren't already looking for BlackBerry.
    10-26-11 11:52 AM
    The ad itself is nice, but it really doesn't give me any "I WANT THAT"-feeling. But it's good to see some RIM advertising. Their marketing division has been on a holiday long enough.
    10-26-11 12:38 PM
    I think they could have done a better job by showing more of the features. Other than the guy watching TV who then sees the video of the kid playing soccer that his friend sends him, there really is nothing in the ad that shows off what the devices actually do.
    10-26-11 12:42 PM
    You know when I watch those Apple commercials I feel that I should take the keys and go to the store. This commercial still makes me want to think and then I loose the excitement of having the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 12:56 PM
    I think they could have done a better job by showing more of the features.
    Agreed. This is showing off a few phones, and giving the standard promises of a efficient life. Like every other product launched these days. Why not show off some practical use of BBM? Push e-mail? There's so much to choose from!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-26-11 01:31 PM
    Well after watching. RIM needs to fire the PR/Marketing firm. They show FB, BBM and a PIcture wtf????

Makes me want to go right out and buy one...not!

I'll say it again watch an iPhone or iPad commercial. What do you see someone using the device to help them in an everyday situation, and guess what it works.

RIM needs to really step back and take a look at what other companies are doing and stop being so arrogant.
    10-26-11 01:36 PM
    This doesn't make me want a BlackBerry at all. Half of the commercial was just the narrator spitting out redundant bull**** during a video of people playing around on BlackBerrys. They didn't give me one good reason to buy a new BlackBerry other than "It's fast, it's powerful, it's fast, it's powerful,"
    10-26-11 02:25 PM
    Well it doesn't suck too bad. I get it, but I think it would be nice for RIM to show off the features of the BB that can't be matched by someone else easily. I think there are reasons to use a Blackberry that just might not be that obvious for someone who hasn't seen or used one recently or at all.

- obvious LED for new messages
    - great physical keyboard
    - BBM
    - touchpad
    - simple email & chat
    - desktop / bedside charging stands
    - great battery life
    - style (yes I think the blackberry has some of the best form factors / style-- so there)
    10-26-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD