So for a while now, I had a Blackberry 8830. That phone and I had some good times. I took it apart so many times, swapped out so much stuff on it and hacked the crap out of it. Hey, I even swapped the entire case from the standard silver Verizon one to a nice slick black AT&T one I had. I had that phone pretty much set up exactly how I wanted it, especially since I had gotten it second hand.

Well, friday night I was doing what I always do, getting drunk any dancing like a fool at a club. I was sitting on a small ledge and behind the ledge there was I guess decoration. There was a tasteful grating and underneath that was water with lighting in it. Well I went to get up and find my friend and...hey, where's my phone? I look behind me and immediately think "Oh no, no no no no." I try to look in the water but the lights blind me right in the retinas every time I attempt to look. I realize I can stick my hand in underneath the grating and turn the lights over (They were the kind that are just on a cord) and use one of them as almost a searchlight. By doing this, I see the back of my phone (Namely the Blackberry logo in silver on the back). Crap!

I pull it out, it must have been in there for 5 or 10 minutes. The trackball functions, but it doesn't click and the keyboard isn't working. Crap! Thankfully I had my T-Mobile work phone (Curve) on me and used that for the rest of the night. I popped the battery out after I returned to my apartment in a drunken stupor and passed out.

When I woke up, I put the battery back in. The phone worked somewhat but would randomly select things I didn't want to. It would fight with me to go back on menus and a bunch of other stuff.

So I finally said goodbye to my trusty pal yesterday and got a new VZW Blackberry Curve 8330 and since my sister's phone just died and VZW happened to have a buy one get one, she got one too!

So I guess the moral of the story is use a holster? I don't really know. Everything worked out, but that phone will be missed, but I sure won't miss not having a camera!
    02-22-09 09:58 PM
    Yeah man. clubbin will get you thru sooooooooo many phones..LOL
    02-22-09 10:03 PM
    Good story. Sorry for the loss. But Hey at least you got a curve now.

Thats what I like about having a sim card. Whenever I go out I switch my sim from my bold to my old trusty 8700c.

Works pretty well for me.
    02-22-09 10:03 PM
    Sorry to hear about your loss. A lesson learned hopefully...
    02-22-09 10:06 PM
    One guy on here said he was clubbing with his phone in his pocket. Well, he danced all night. Flailing his hands in the air, like he just didn't care. Later, when he arrived home, he noticed his BB was whacked out. the next day, he took it to the store and they told him the water damage indicator showed water infiltration. Our dancin hero, and the rest of us here deduced it was disco sweat that had done the terrible deed. BEWARE Blackberrys don't like to go clubbin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:25 PM
    This was the first time since I started going out that anything like this happened. Why would there be water there? It doesn't make any sense! I'm sure I wasn't the first person to drop their phone in there, it seemed like the perfect phone-eating decoration!
    02-22-09 11:28 PM
    Great stroy, enjoy the new phone!
    02-23-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD