Hi everyone: I would appreciate advice on this. My contract with Rogers is ending soon, been a customer of them for seven years, no complaints. I will be getting a new phone. I've had an iPhone 3G for the past three years and a Motorola 551 before that. I thought in keeping with this pattern, I should get a different phone this time. Would you recommend a blackberry phone for me? Two of my children have blackberry bold 9900s and absolutely love them.
    03-09-12 12:17 PM
    Then you should get a 9900 too! What are you waiting for??!!

If you want a similar screen size as your iPhone, then go with the 9810.

If your children have the 9900, then you can even create a family group and share all types of photos, lists, messages and meetings!
    03-09-12 12:21 PM
    Simple and non-offensive thing to say: Make up your own mind/choice/decision, nobody will tell you what to get/use/buy. It is you, who will get the device they want. I suggest getting the blackberry curve or bold, or torch if you want the larger screen.
    03-09-12 12:27 PM
    Simple and non-offensive thing to say: Make up your own mind/choice/decision, nobody will tell you what to get/use/buy. It is you, who will get the device they want. I suggest getting the blackberry curve or bold, or torch if you want the larger screen.
    Thats nearly all the range !!!

As the OP asked for ''our'' advice Id have to say go for the 9900 as it has the best of all worlds - typing - screen & touch screen.

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy it
    03-09-12 01:00 PM
    if you are getting a 9900, try wind mobile
    03-09-12 01:20 PM
    Thanks everyone I can't use wind mobile, I'm in the sticks, so no service yet. I'm counting on Rogers retentions to give me a deal
    03-09-12 01:47 PM
    Good luck in purchasing a new phone! I would recommend the BlackBerry Torch - they have some really good deals on them right now; and as another poster said, there's a large screen size and you can still stick with the touchscreen like you had with your iPhone.

But as Rootbrian said, it is also feasible to look up specific brands and see what they can offer you. There's a forum here for each specific phone model; so you can compare and contrast and figure out which phone would meet your specifications. I always browse the Rogers website; and they have great product specifications with reviews, details, accessories, and other things about the phone in question.

Happy shopping!
    03-09-12 02:00 PM
    I've been a Blackberry user for a few years now. If your kids are on Bolds then it's almost a no-brainer, since BBM is awesome for messaging.

I just upgraded to a 9900 Bold last week, and I have to say it's an awesome device. The screen will be a little small if you're used to an iPhone, but it's comparable resolution.

You almost have to use it, even briefly, before you realize just how good it is.
    03-09-12 02:03 PM
    Today I upgraded from the 9800 to the 9810 and so far I'm really impressed. The screen is excellent and very responsive.

I was surprised to see that almost all of my apps from the 9800 are also available on the 9810
    03-09-12 07:14 PM
    I spoke to Rogers retentions today and got a great plan and a white BlackBerry Bold 9900. I'm very pleased right now
    03-09-12 07:17 PM
    I spoke to Rogers retentions today and got a great plan and a white BlackBerry Bold 9900. I'm very pleased right now
    Congrats, and enjoy!
    03-09-12 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD