I read some time ago here that the 4.5 upgrade was buggy. Is that true or is it best to go ahead and upgrade? The last thing I need is trouble with a new OS because I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer where techy type things are concerned. Anyone know of a good thread to read on the matter, or have a good answer? Thanks
    09-29-08 12:54 PM
    Yes there is if you go to pinstack and look for os 4.5. I'm with telus and no upgrades from them but I did download the 4.5 from virgin mobile and load it to my pearl works great running smoothly. You have to find the same upgrade for your phone. Good luck hunting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 01:09 PM
    09-29-08 01:10 PM
    You will find posts from people who have had disaster trying to upgrade to myself who has done 3 OS 4.5 upgrades without any problems. Guess it depends on what the real bugs are. I have not come across anything that has affected the use of my Curve. OS 4.5.0.81 seems to be the cleanest.
    09-29-08 01:26 PM
    -----

I went to the link above and there are far too many 'procedures' to go thru to to even hope to get this done. And I read that some aren't getting the HTML email even after jumping thru the 8,000 hoops. I did try to a certain point, but when it said it would wipe out my 3rd party apps...I backed out. I think I'll go to Verizon and let them try doing this for me. I don't quite get why this can't be easy.

But I appreciate all your responses. I asked for help and you sure tried. I simply found out thru this process it's not worth the risk. Thanks anyway!

-----
    09-29-08 06:15 PM
    Yes there is if you go to pinstack and look for os 4.5. I'm with telus and no upgrades from them but I did download the 4.5 from virgin mobile and load it to my pearl works great running smoothly. You have to find the same upgrade for your phone. Good luck hunting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I know you're new here and all, but there are plenty of Official release links here at CB. No need to tell someone to go to PS, especially when they don't allow CB links on their site.

To the OP, the latest releases are the most stable, and shouldn't give you any problems.
    09-29-08 06:46 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5 on my verizon 8330 and it is awesome, the only problem I have run into is when I answer the phone I get about a 1/2 second of the speaker phone...but other than that very stable and my battery seems to last longer.
    09-29-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD