So how does one remove an Android app now?
    My suggestion would be to start planning for the day when you can only run Android apps on Android phones. I think the BB10 OS is amazing, and I don't really use Android apps on it, but the usability of the Android runtime is only going to degrade going forward. If Android compatibility is important to you, I suspect you won't enjoy a BB10 phone beyond 2016 at the lastest.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-22-15 01:33 PM
    The Android uninstall issue is not a matter of opinion. It doesn't work for anyone.
    I've delete a couple of android apps and Yes, I can confirm the bug is ALIVE
    12-22-15 01:38 PM
    So there is a small update for the AT&T Passport?
    No nothing yet. I have been on 2514 for a month and totally happy with it. BTW It's a beta OS version.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    12-22-15 03:19 PM
    why is it every time there is an OS update some knobs claim it is loaded with bugs. I have the Z30 and it runs flawlessly with the new update. Actually i noticed some improvements, and it seems to run cooler than before. As a matter of fact this is the fourth update i have installed and every one ran flawlessly. What the hell is it that you guys are doing wrong. Stop trolling!!!!!!!
    BerrySoul likes this.
    12-22-15 05:57 PM
    why is it every time there is an OS update some knobs claim it is loaded with bugs. I have the Z30 and it runs flawlessly with the new update. Actually i noticed some improvements, and it seems to run cooler than before. As a matter of fact this is the fourth update i have installed and every one ran flawlessly. What the hell is it that you guys are doing wrong. Stop trolling!!!!!!!
    If you don't know what they are doing wrong but you blame them... then perhaps you are trolling.
    <hmm suggests introspection to a person name crazy/>
    12-22-15 06:10 PM
    Is this update also for ATT devices? My phone doesn't show an update.
    12-22-15 06:47 PM
    Yes they will work fine.

Just try and delete an Android app from your home screen and watch what happens when you fire up Play Store again.
    Why would i do that? If I installed it from Google Playstore i should uninstall it from Playstore and it works! Same thing from from BlackBerry world. No brainer here.

  
    12-23-15 12:20 PM
    I believe that if you uninstall the app through Playstore, not from the home screen, the app is deleted just fine. It worked for me.
    Of course take Conite's advice and replace the two bars. I did. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Exactly. You are right.

  
    12-23-15 12:21 PM
    So how does one remove an Android app now?
    Remove it from from the app store you installed it from. Simple.

  
    12-23-15 12:25 PM
    Remove it from from the app store you installed it from. Simple.

  
    First off, it doesn't always work. Sometimes it will force close the Android Runtime and cause it to reinitialise when you try to delete the app from within the app store. I've seen it happen myself.

Second, some Android apps aren't viewable from the app store, because they were obtained elsewhere - like the Cobalt apps for instance.

Third, if your appstore happens to be either Snap or BBW, as BB10 native apps, you will be unable to truly delete an Android app.
    Last edited by conite; 12-23-15 at 01:35 PM.
    Bossque likes this.
    12-23-15 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry fix this F up!

I am sure they are working on a fix as this is too serious to leave. Good thing I am ok with the few Android apps I have.

 Passport SE 
    12-23-15 09:39 PM
    I have the same bug on my BlackBerry q10 the problem is that those apps some of them still running and could drain your battery. Hope we can find. A way to uninstall this apk apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 10:57 PM
    I have the same bug on my BlackBerry q10 the problem is that those apps some of them still running and could drain your battery. Hope we can find. A way to uninstall this apk apps.

Posted via CB10
    There already is a way read the thread

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you haven't already, try seeing if the APK files are still in File Manager. If so, delete from there. It works for me every time but also try deleting (the first time) from within Google Play itself. You can also replace the current run time with the previous version, instruction were mentioned earlier.

There are some apps that continue running after you have closed them and can be a significant drain on the battery. To close those down, if you're not deleting them, open Battery Manager, find the app you want to close in the list, open it and hit Close App at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:09 AM
    If you haven't already, try seeing if the APK files are still in File Manager. If so, delete from there. It works for me every time but also try deleting (the first time) from within Google Play itself. You can also replace the current run time with the previous version, instruction were mentioned earlier.

Posted via CB10
    Deleting the apk with file manager does nothing. Once installed, they can be deleted anyway, as they are no longer needed.
    12-24-15 08:11 AM
    I've deleted two 'test' apps from File Manager since this problem was first reported and both times the apps were deleted in Google Play. That's all I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 06:38 PM
    I've deleted two 'test' apps from File Manager since this problem was first reported and both times the apps were deleted in Google Play. That's all I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    Deleting the pre-installled apk has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
    Last edited by conite; 12-24-15 at 10:11 PM.
    12-24-15 09:56 PM
    My wife's unlocked red passport just received the update a couple days ago and is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 11:25 PM
    I think OP means Windows 10 is a real mess.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 11:35 PM
    Deleting the pre-installled apk has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
    I've mentioned this numerous times in this thread but I'm going to say it again for the last time. I downloaded two 'test' apps AFTER the problem was first reported, deleted them through File Manager. Removed from both device and Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 07:57 AM
    I've mentioned this numerous times in this thread but I'm going to say it again for the last time. I downloaded two 'test' apps AFTER the problem was first reported, deleted them through File Manager. Removed from both device and Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    Did you install them or just download and delete?
    12-25-15 08:54 AM
    Did you install them or just download and delete?
    I downloaded, installed, used(ish) and then deleted through File Manager.

I don't know if this is an explanation or not but my update on my Passport, up from the recently released previous 'leak' was 720MB, most others I have read were around 220MB.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 09:07 AM
72 123