That's pretty funny @mooda! After looking at that pic it looks like Asus is next in line to be sued by Apple!
    09-09-12 12:47 PM
    Uhh.. Don't know if you're serious or not @Mikethaler. But in case your "google" isn't working.. Blackberry was supposed to introduce BB10 in the 4th Qtr of 2012. Then just a little while ago Thorsten Heinz (RIM's new CEO) announced that "he" decided to delay the release of BB10 until the 1st Qtr of 2013.

There you have it.
    I did do a cursory search here on Crackberry and didn't find anything. Scanned items under "future rumored phones" (London and Milan) - no dates mentioned. I mainly scanned subject titles.
    So - now the latest news about a possible release date is March 31st 2013. Even if you only add 3 months to that - means mid-summer 2013. That' will be more than 2 years since the OS 7 phones were released and nothing since then.
    I add 3 months to any RIM projected date because for a number of years the real date has been 3-5 months past the announced date.
    Somebody mentioned a couple days ago in this thread a model code named "Nevada" is on the proposed list. (supposed to have a real keyboard). Crackberry doesn't have a forum title by that name.
    Are any phones even in Alpha testing, much less Beta?
    09-09-12 12:51 PM
    That's pretty funny @mooda! After looking at that pic it looks like Asus is next in line to be sued by Apple!
    you serious? that looks nothing like an iphone....
    09-09-12 01:31 PM
    you serious? that looks nothing like an iphone....
    Sure it does Matt. If you just look at the small thumbnail w/o making it bigger (and consider it doesn't have the apple icons on the screen) it looks very, very similar to the i-phone. The shape is the same and top 1/2 looks exactly the same.

I don't recall Samsumg coming out with a phone that looks exactly like the i-phone and they were sued for $1 Billion.. Just making a quick little joke..

Isn't your job as a moderator to keep the peace and not upset it??
    09-09-12 03:21 PM
    Samsung got in trouble because earlier versions of their touchwiz skin looked almost identical. The picture you posted in almost pure android and NOTHING like what samsung got in trouble for. Even at a glance its not close. There are widgets on the homescreen even.

My "job" as a moderator has nothing to do with stating my opinion about something as inaccurate as what you stated.
    anon(4018671) and brucep1 like this.
    09-09-12 05:02 PM
    not sure how anyone could mistake the leaked BB10 for an iPhone (any of them). They don't have the same characteristics and certainly not the same ratios.
    09-09-12 05:20 PM
    Samsung got in trouble because earlier versions of their touchwiz skin looked almost identical. The picture you posted in almost pure android and NOTHING like what samsung got in trouble for. Even at a glance its not close. There are widgets on the homescreen even.

My "job" as a moderator has nothing to do with stating my opinion about something as inaccurate as what you stated.
    Matt, I didn't post any pictures that resemble the i-phone. I was commenting on someone elses picture of an Asus.

And I was not "stating" anything. I was just making a little joke about the Apple lawsuit over Samsumg. If you look at @mooda's post "he" was comparing to the i-phone. Why don't you go bark up his tree??

Or... Why don't you relax big guy..
    Last edited by Clinto; 09-09-12 at 05:45 PM.
    09-09-12 05:42 PM
    Interesting. The first quote, above, from 10.5 months ago says release 3/12. Last quote from a month ago now says about 3/13!!!! I guess that could mean before end of next year. Going 2 years w.o. an update (even on their sched) does not bode well
    09-09-12 11:23 PM
    Interesting. The first quote, above, from 10.5 months ago says release 3/12. Last quote from a month ago now says about 3/13!!!! I guess that could mean before end of next year. Going 2 years w.o. an update (even on their sched) does not bode well
    No Mikethaler it does not bode well at all... RIM is on the brink of destruction right now unfortunately. Their stock prices can't really get much lower. They NEED BB10 out now.
    But their CEO has publicly stated over and over again that BB10 is coming out in early 2013, and it certainly will.

However the purpose for me starting this thread is because I really want RIM to succeed. And it is Do or Die time for them. Which is why I am so shocked/disapointed in them for making such an important device as the London so ugly.

Yes a lot of people have argued they think it is "fine". But "fine" isn't going to save RIM from the very serious trouble they're in right now.

They need to make the London a stunner!
    09-10-12 09:47 AM
    Clinto -
    Shouldn't an electronic item that's due for release in 6 months be advanced enough for some sort of Alpha testing? At what stage before release is a phone out for Beta testing? Is the physical description of the "London" posted here conjecture or "real"? Have there been any descriptions of features that will be available?
    09-10-12 11:09 AM
    Yes Mike, there are over 5,000 beta's out there right now. RIM is so serious about this phone that they gave 5,000 of them away to the best app developers to get comfortable with it and make apps for it. As a low app count has been one of the serious faults of BlackBerry.. The name of the beta device is called the "Dev Alpha". The Dev Alpha has only a small percentage of the finished BB10 software in it and it wrapped in bland, non obligatory hardware/package. Besides just app developers using it, Thorsten Heinz is "testing" out the real "London" right now and carries it on his side every day.

For more info on the Dev Alpha, check out this Crackberry Link:
    RIM

Also Thorsten Heinz took the "London" & "Nevada" to the wireless carriers and they are indeed impressed.. See Below:
    Verizon CMO confirms they will have BlackBerry 10 at launch | CrackBerry.com

And oh momma, is there some awesome stuff coming out on BB10. Check out this link to watch a video of the "awesomeness" of BB10 made by Crackberry Kevin.

Nobody knows for sure what RIM is going to call this full screen device. For now the code name is "London".

After watching the video you will get excited for what RIM is cooking up. Which again.. (to kick a dead horse); is why it so important to wrap this excellent software in a nice looking package so that it is not laid to waste and be passed up in the stores.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Clint
    09-10-12 12:05 PM
    I don't think it matters if it doesn't look professional. If it does, you're alienating the consumer market.

Plus, the iPhone seems to look completely like a consumer phone, but yet work professionals are adopting it at alarming rates.
    09-10-12 12:26 PM
    I don't think it matters if it doesn't look professional. If it does, you're alienating the consumer market.

Plus, the iPhone seems to look completely like a consumer phone, but yet work professionals are adopting it at alarming rates.
    Good Call @mithrazor!

You know what I think the i-phone has going for it? No plastic.. It is all just pretty shiny glass surrounded by a pretty shiny metal bezel. That's it. Simple, elegant and timeless. I'm strictly talking about the "look" not the software/user experience. But it is a look that everyone become accustom to. This look is not too far from BB used on their Bold 9900. Upscale materials..

This is why I think Blackberry needs to take off the plastic parts. Especially considering the London has flat/dull black cheaper looking parts..
    09-10-12 12:45 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD