Just rebooted my 9700 on Telus and now my Hotmail icon has changed. Instead of the envelope with the little globe it is a envelope with a smaller colored envelope below it. Has any one else seen this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

***UPDATE After another reboot the icon has reverted back. I'll try and get a screen cap if it shows back up.
    Last edited by eschielke; 06-23-10 at 01:12 AM.
    06-23-10 12:47 AM
    Yes, I noticed it too on my 9000 on AT&T. Never had a custom icon for Hotmail before though, only for Yahoo and that's gone again.
    06-23-10 08:43 AM
    I had it, rebooted, now it is gone as well.
    06-23-10 08:58 AM
    It appeared after updating to the latest version of showmetheimages and a battery pull. After another battery pull the icon had reverted. Weird. Maybe some sort of update coming for Hotmail?

06-23-10 09:28 AM
    Not sure, I posted in another thread about this (there are several) that I had the icon, and when I took a screen shot and went to look for it in my pics folder, had a pic of two of that particular icon side by side:

Attachment 65770Attachment 65771

Also some people are saying it's only after a reboot, and I did one last night right before bed, and didn't notice if it came up then or not, just saw it this morning. Also has been said that it will go away after the next reboot. Haven't tried, will update as I see changes.
    06-23-10 11:23 AM
    My icon was the exact same as the ones that were attached to the above posts.
    06-23-10 11:33 AM
    i have it too and i rebooted and its still there
    06-23-10 12:08 PM
    It will come back if you re-send your service books, just like the Yahoo icon. They will however just randomly disappear and usually not come back until service books are re-sent.
    06-23-10 12:41 PM
    So going a little farther, I've always wanted to know if you can change the basic icons for mail folders. Seems you can How to Change Email Icon in Blackberry | Blackberry Tips and Trick

In reading this article, I noticed when it is telling you to replace the icon to name it "1-80-80". This pic was in my main pic folder this morning when I noticed the new icon, and it was named 1-80-80.

Attachment 65784

So maybe if you delete the pic (if you have it), the icon would go back to the old one? Also could just not give you any icon, not sure what it would do if you take away the file it is looking for. Just FYI.
    06-23-10 01:17 PM
    Just did a reboot and the icon showed back up again. I have not resent my service books. Anyone else experience this without service books being resent?

06-24-10 06:53 PM
    Probably due to the new Windows Live Wave 4 being rolled out.

If you remove and readd the address through BIS it'll change back.
    06-25-10 02:16 PM
    Just did a reboot and the icon showed back up again. I have not resent my service books. Anyone else experience this without service books being resent?

It initially appeared on my phone without having done anything. I'm sure this stuff gets pushed every once in a while without you doing it manually, but usually if it's gone, re-sending the service books yourself is the way to get it back (for a while).
    06-25-10 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the info SuperCM, don't mind it since I always wanted different icons for different mailboxes anyway. Dropping my Hotmail in the next few weeks anyway, so won't matter to me anyway.
    06-25-10 05:01 PM
    Only one of my Hotmail accts has the new icon. Hmmm...

06-27-10 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD