just wanted to introduce myself...my name is JR...I am a tall guy..hence the name..lol..

but real reason I am here is I started to work at a authorized retailer for At&T and another employee referred me here as something i'm "allowed" to look at while at work...so I've been surfing around for a while, but just haven't posted anything....figured I would now though

I actually plan on buying a Blackberry, but in order for me to have an At&t plan I have to buy one outright....I played with all of the current blackberry's that are associated with At&t...and the ones that appeal to me the most are the curve"2" and the Bold.

If I can scrounge enough money i'll get the Bold because of the 3G capability, but if I have to i'll settle for a Curve (unless any of you know how to find a new Bold for less then retail cost *hint hint* lol

anyways, i'm sure you all will see me around here asking dumbass questions about how can I do this w/that w/Blackberries....because if anything I need to know what I can in order to sell right?

anyways, Merry Christmas, nice to meet you all and sry for the long newb post : )
    12-19-08 09:46 AM
    Allow me to be the first (one of?) to officially welcome you to CB!

Enjoy the site...lots of great people, and a few soreheads. Lots of good information. If you do decide on a BB, be sure to read the FAQs and the 101 series. Good stuff.
    12-19-08 09:49 AM
    There's no harm in asking "dumb" questions because we've all been there before. There are also quite a few other reps from carriers on here getting information and "keeping up" with what's out there.

Just make sure that you don't limit your learning to BlackBerry because of your interest in the device. Good sales reps always keep in the know about a lot of things, including the products they sell and the competition. Knowledgable and personable sales rep make me want to return to that store and continue to do business.
    12-19-08 09:54 AM
    I have a dumb question- why don't you get a discount? If you don't get a discount what are the perks of working there?
    12-19-08 10:16 AM
    ^^lol true story...I wish I did getta discount on phones....I dunno why it works that way.. they just said in order to get a discount on a plan I gotta pay full retail for a phone...

so in actuality i'm not really saving a whole lot of money
    12-19-08 02:33 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    12-19-08 02:37 PM
    Reason you don't get a discount on the phon eis cause you get one on the plan. Plus if yoi got a discount on every phone u could by and resale them. I would rather have a discounted plan then phone. I pay 30 a month for every thing on my phone but I had to by the phone for 449 full price. And u don't have to pay full price to get the plan you just have to pay for your own phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 02:38 PM
    I started to work at a authorized retailer for At&T and another employee referred me here as something i'm "allowed" to look at while at work ...
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I am impressed, your company recognized the value of educated employees. A few weeks reading on this site, you will have a pretty fair grasp of the issues and joys of using a BlackBerry.
    12-19-08 02:43 PM
    hello Jr, welcome to crack and nice to now you out there
    12-19-08 03:24 PM
    I have a dumb question- why don't you get a discount? If you don't get a discount what are the perks of working there?
    I know a guy who works at AT&T as well and they only give him a 30%discount off of devices but only on the full retail price!! Talk about stingy.
    12-19-08 03:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I am impressed, your company recognized the value of educated employees. A few weeks reading on this site, you will have a pretty fair grasp of the issues and joys of using a BlackBerry.
    yeah that's what i'm hoping for...my view on selling is you should at least know what you're talking about...so that's my reason for getting on here initially

but the more I look around, the more interest I actually have in a BB....so if I ever do stop working out in At&t i'll still most likely still try to own a BB...seems to make everyday life a lil easier..which is what everybody seems to want

btw, thanks for the warm welcome everybody
    12-20-08 02:30 PM
    Welcome to the site and enjoy your phone.
    12-20-08 02:41 PM
    LOL, Kevin, our community founder tells a great story. He was leaving the company, I gather security had him cornered at the door, they had to pry their BlackBerry from his hands....

The rest is history.
    12-20-08 02:41 PM
    12-20-08 02:46 PM
    Welcome to CB!!

there is so much useful info here...
    12-20-08 02:51 PM
    just wanted to introduce myself...my name is JR...I am a tall guy..hence the name..lol..

but real reason I am here is I started to work at a authorized retailer for At&T and another employee referred me here as something i'm "allowed" to look at while at work...so I've been surfing around for a while, but just haven't posted anything....figured I would now though

I actually plan on buying a Blackberry, but in order for me to have an At&t plan I have to buy one outright....I played with all of the current blackberry's that are associated with At&t...and the ones that appeal to me the most are the curve"2" and the Bold.

If I can scrounge enough money i'll get the Bold because of the 3G capability, but if I have to i'll settle for a Curve (unless any of you know how to find a new Bold for less then retail cost *hint hint* lol

anyways, i'm sure you all will see me around here asking dumbass questions about how can I do this w/that w/Blackberries....because if anything I need to know what I can in order to sell right?

anyways, Merry Christmas, nice to meet you all and sry for the long newb post : )
    Welcome! It's funny you mentioned your job allowing you to get on this site. Just last week, I called Verizon regarding a service issue with my BB Curve and the rep. went almost immediately to CB. I laughed for a while and told her that i thought is was funny that they go on CB for answers.
    12-22-08 10:04 AM
    Mery Christmas to you Too. And I hope you get your BB soon.
    12-23-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD