06-16-09 06:56 PM
    Cool but will it be the same price as amAze?
    06-16-09 07:00 PM
    Probably not. I'm trying with no success to download the mobile app without navigation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 07:02 PM
    06-16-09 07:33 PM
    free 3 day trial for ATT users here: AT&T MEdia Mall

Already available.
    06-16-09 07:38 PM
    It looks like it's $49.99/year for this app on the Bold. If that's the case I'm going to stick with amaze. It's crazy to pay that much for an nav app. Google needs to come out with voice guided nav for free and crush everybody.
    06-16-09 07:41 PM
    I was playing with the trial just now and it is a really nice interface. Very accurate and quick to pick up GPS signal. I like that you can go to mapquest.com and save address unlike AMAZE GPS.

It is a lot better UI than TeleNav which I hate.

+1 for Google Navigator....

I am going to try it tomorrow in the car.
    06-16-09 08:00 PM
    I was playing with the trial just now and it is a really nice interface. Very accurate and quick to pick up GPS signal. I like that you can go to mapquest.com and save address unlike AMAZE GPS.

It is a lot better UI than TeleNav which I hate.

+1 for Google Navigator....

I am going to try it tomorrow in the car.
    But amAze is free - Google nav is about 49.99???

+4999 for amAze and -4999 for google nav.

06-16-09 08:28 PM
    But amAze is free - Google nav is about 49.99???

+4999 for amAze and -4999 for google nav.

"Google Navigator" was just what I was calling Google Maps with voice guided navigation which does not exist.

amAze is ok, but I have not had the most accurate results with it.
    06-16-09 08:32 PM
    I'm sticking with Google Navigator.

Lol.

06-16-09 09:43 PM
    Its only a matter of time before Google puts it out.

06-16-09 09:53 PM
    Oh they will. I can't wait. I'm sure they'll have it out soon. For free.

06-16-09 09:57 PM
    Google navi would be awesome!!!!

06-16-09 10:14 PM
    Thats great a real GPS solution. I'm stick to my garmin if poeple don't mind.
    06-17-09 01:15 AM
    Im waiting till RIM adds DASH gps to all their phones....remember they did just acquire them. i would think theyre gonna do something soon with them also
    06-17-09 01:51 AM
    Thats great a real GPS solution. I'm stick to my garmin if poeple don't mind.
    Yea i have a Delphi GPS unit (uses NaviTech GPS maps), but i keep it in my wife's car. I needed/wanted something in case i get turned around and i think amAze will do a good enough job to get me outta trouble.
    06-17-09 07:51 AM
    I have a GPS in both cars. Google maps and AmAze works for a backup.

If there was a free solution with turn by turn (I love my Garmin unit) then I wouldn't have to buy updates....

That would make me very happy!!
    06-17-09 08:27 AM
    I did a couple of test drives with MapQuest this morning and it is amazingly accurate. There is no data connection except for the initial route download. The voice is loud and clear with good pronunciations of street names.

I did not have as much success with TeleNav holding onto GPS signal.

For $50 a year I would have to go with it over TeleNav for $9.99 a month.
    06-17-09 10:28 AM
    I'm downloading google maps for my 8900. I will test along with amaze. I'm curious which one consumes less data, I have 5MB/month in my data plan.
    08-06-09 09:18 AM
    Slick as it might be to have GPS map and voice guidance in my BB... I'm still having trouble getting too excited about it as a replacement for the Garmin Nuvi I have sitting in my car. The dedicated GPS has a 4.3" touchscreen, and doesn't have to share CPU or radio bandwidth with my BB's mobile radio...

My 8900 is lovely as a mobile phone, but the screen is about 1/3 the size of the Nuvi screen. I like the idea that the phone is totally independent of the car GPS nav -- no conflict at all re: battery, radio or what function the CPU is focused on. I also use the Nuvi only in a car, although I suppose I could take it walking around as well. So far I've had no need to carry the GPS with me for on-foot navigation. THAT is what I'd make use of, occasionally, with my 8900 and GPS.

So -- neat as it might be, I can't imagine paying a monthly or annual fee for this. I can get a fast, powerful, big display dedicated GPS for the car for anywhere from $150 to $250 -- and be done with it for the next few years (yeah -- I know about map updates, but for the most part they're not important for years at a time).

If/when a GPS product and/or service for BB comes along with a pricepoint that makes it reasonable, in light of the value proposition of having a dedicated GPS in the car, then I might be interested...
    08-06-09 09:33 AM
    Cool, Never heard of Amaze, Going to download that now!
    08-06-09 11:28 AM
    Garmin's are amazingly wonderful and easy to use. Love the separate GPS. That way I can drive and take a (short ) call while not getting lost.
    08-06-09 11:41 AM
    Wow tried the Media Mall download and after like 20mins I get a Download Failed, App error 907. Guess I dont have an account there is why but its free for the 3 day trial so I would figure I would not need an account. Any suggestions, I would like to try it out ..

Julian
    08-06-09 03:16 PM
    anyone who uses MapQuest for directions deserves to be lost. mapquest has the worst directions and out of date maping.
    08-06-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD