Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New e-Mail & BlackBerry ID

I am getting rid of the e-mail address that is also the name of my BlackBerry ID.

How do I change my ID to my new e-mail address? I have a BlackBerry Bold 9650 on OS6 as well as a PlayBook.

I read that in order to change my ID on the PlayBook I have to wipe it and start from scratch? Is that true?

Is there anyway to leave my login name as my old e-mail but have any notifications sent to my new e-mail address?

Thank you
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts

Changing I'd on blackberry playbook is easy just just swipe down from the top @ d main screen select blackberry I'd and click the pencil to edit or make changes.

To change email for your blackberry I'd goto the blackberry I'd login page http://us.blackberry.com/id/ login and make your changes there.
    Last edited by auditman; 01-23-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Mike1117 (01-24-2012),  RECOOL (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by auditman View Post
    Changing I'd on blackberry playbook is easy just just swipe down from the top @ d main screen select blackberry I'd and click the pencil to edit or make changes.

To change email for your blackberry I'd goto the blackberry I'd login page BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID login and make your changes there.
    Thank you for your response. I see how it easy it is to change my ID on the internet.

I don't, however, see how to change the PlayBook as you described above. I am running OS version 1.08.6067. Could it be my OS version or could it be that I'm not currently in a WiFi spot?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1117 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I see how it easy it is to change my ID on the internet.

I don't, however, see how to change the PlayBook as you described above. I am running OS version 1.08.6067. Could it be my OS version or could it be that I'm not currently in a WiFi spot?
    I think once you change your email of the BBID, the new email/login gets pushed to the playbook. If I understand it correctly, a wipe is only required if the actual BBID account is changed to a different user, not if you are merely changing the email/login of the same account already associated to the PlayBook.
    Thanked by:
    Mike1117 (01-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

That was easy! Once I updated the login online my PlayBook updated automatically shortly afterwards.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a blackberry bold 9900 and it won't let me log into blackberry app world, I changed my password but I need to change my email that I use for my Id how do I do this?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts

Have you tried here?

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login

You might need to create new BlackBerry ID
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool email. I'd n pswrd

Time to test my new bb
    Last edited by Abi Manyu; 08-11-2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: not sand to my email