Before you read any of this I must say I do work for Mobile Nations. Thus, you probably think my opinion is biased but what I'm about to say/write is 100% true!

I've been seeing most of the development on the new site and to be honest I've been pretty skeptical. At first, I really didn't like the redesign, I loved the Old CrackBerry. It was like that familiar face that you always looked forward to seeing. Instead, whenever I saw the redesign I felt unconvinced. It felt like we weren't CrackBerry anymore. Though, I hadn't seen the final design and Kevin just kept saying it was amazing.I trust Kevin a lot, so if he thought it was amazing it must be!

Long story short, the new site is AMAZING! How cool is the new topics flow? I don't know if Kevin came up with that or David, but whoever did. You're a genius! I really gotta give credit where credit is due. I was extremely skeptical and this redesign blew my mind. If the Old CrackBerry was BB7 then the New CrackBerry is definitely BB10! The design/tech team absolutely killed this one!! David, Jose, Tom, Steph, Kevin, Marcus and to all of the writers that helped make the New CrackBerry, thank you!
    03-06-13 10:50 PM
    Thanks Jakob. Means a lot!

I know exactly what you're saying about CrackBerry being that familiar face and being scared to lose that. Honestly, two years ago when we did our first refresh, I had the same feelings then. Big time. Even that clean up was a big change from the old original CrackBerry. Then the old new CrackBerry became the CrackBerry.

As we started working on this new CrackBerry, there were definitely some design iterations we went through where I felt we were losing the crackiness. Whenever that happened, we pivoted and tried something else. Eventually it all started to come together. Once we cleaned up the CrackBerry logo and then nailed the new header (in Cracky orange), I fell 100% in love with the new look. It had that CrackBerry vibe. From there, everything really fell into place. And yeah, the topic pages are just awesome. They fit with this type of site so well.

Lots more we're still going to do, but we're off to a great start. The next era of CrackBerry is here!
    wxmancanada and el_excelsior like this.
    03-07-13 12:27 AM
    I can't find the easter egg that was mentioned...
    03-07-13 01:03 AM
    I can't find the easter egg that was mentioned...
    Look at the headers in the topic section
    03-07-13 01:06 AM
    Ooooh. I see it now. Lol. Nice one. I really like the mobile site and how fast the desktop version loads on Rogers lte
    03-07-13 01:20 AM
    Really dig the ability to switch between blog and featured view..
    03-07-13 02:05 AM
    I think it looks nice, modern, but the desktop site is somewhat confusing. It looks like it was designed for a touchscreen, almost as if the left and right panels should be able to scroll independently of each other, yet on a tablet they don't. It looks like the right panel should be able to be "swiped" to cover the left (Hot) panel but it doesn't. This "independence" would be ideal on a tablet. I really do like the font decision.

The mobile site is excellent.

edit, I see there is a t.crackberry.com site available but still think the desktop layout with sliding panels would be perfect for tablets.
    Last edited by xandermac; 03-07-13 at 06:29 AM.
    03-07-13 05:41 AM
    Kevin and team..

The new site looks great!

-Jeff
    03-07-13 06:13 AM
    Looks great guys, love the font! Maybe I can't see it but can someone say what the easter egg is. lol.
    03-07-13 08:18 AM
    Looks great guys, love the font! Maybe I can't see it but can someone say what the easter egg is. lol.
    The Headers under the topic menu: The New Crack| Get Your Fix!| Our Community| Can Help You| W/ Your Addiction
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-07-13 09:14 PM
    Oh sure, I really like seeing this screen every time I go to the next page in a thread or go to a new thread.
    The New CrackBerry Is Simply Amazing!!!-new-crackberry-simply-amazing-blackberry-forums-crackberry.jpg
    03-08-13 11:26 PM
    It's been a couple of weeks and I have to say my experience with the new sites and formats has been impressive. You guys did a great job - thank you. From 9930 to playbook go pc, from cb application to full scale sites everything is well balanced and enjoyable to browse.
    03-23-13 07:49 AM