I had to get a replacement for my Bold , which came today. So I plugged both in, ran the device switch wizard, which also installed .247 os in place of the delivered .167. Now the new Bold only has about 10Mb of free file space even after using maxmem, deleting unused languages, media, etc. Should I have wiped the new device before doing the switch, or donw restore from the old device backup? Any ideas. I suppose I will wipe it when I get home tonight and try to start over.

Thanks
    04-27-09 08:19 PM
    That is interesting, I was under the impression the Switch Device Wizard only transfered data and settings.

You have 128 Mb of memory available, something is not right if you are down to 10 Mb.

I would be inclined to make a fresh start. Install a fresh OS build and restore your data from a current backup.
    04-27-09 09:45 PM
    Well, it feels good to solve one's own problems, even if you haven't a clue how. I wiped the new Bold, reloaded .247, my backup. and my 3rd party apps backups. Where hours ago I had 10 Mb, now I have 41, with way tooooo many apps installed anyway. Go figure........
    04-27-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD