I am thinking about buying a new Bold 9900 from an ebay private seller. The item is described as being new and he has 3 of them on sale. Can anyone tell me if these phones can be tampered with where the seller can access my electronic communications after I done a security wipe and I have activated it? I'm with AT&T so I'll be using my SIM card from my old phone and updating my AT&T account's IMEI number with 9900's IMEI. Assuming a full security wipe once I receive the phone, is there anything else for me to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sevoman; 06-04-12 at 10:06 PM.
    06-04-12 10:02 PM
    Once you do a security wipe the phone should be clean. I purchased a used 9700 from ebay a few months ago that had some of the previous users data still on the phone. I completed a security wipe and the phone appeared to be clean.
    06-04-12 10:27 PM
    The bigger security question is the eBay seller..... please research the seller and the feedback like a detective.

The security wipe on the phone will do the trick.
    soogriff and Deu2e like this.
    06-05-12 01:00 AM
    The bigger security question is the eBay seller..... please research the seller and the feedback like a detective.

The security wipe on the phone will do the trick.
    Agreed. I dont buy anything from a seller that isnt rated in the high 90% ballpark.
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-05-12 03:32 PM
    Make sure the phone is 100% legit as well.
    Get the serial number, IMEI number, and carrier (previous carrier if unlocked).

Remember buyer beware. Just because you may sell a legit phone doesn't meant somebody else won't.
    06-05-12 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD