Hi guys! So I'm pretty much new to blackberry devices and I have a few questions. Right now I'm looking at buying a Jav from Rogers to bring home to use in Hong Kong. I understand that I will have to get it unlocked before I can use it with any other SIM cards (ie my HK sim card), but what I'm unsure about is whether I'll experience problems with the PIN when I try to register it with a blackberry plan in Hong Kong.

Thanks guys!
    05-06-09 03:10 PM
    If I understand correctly, you can buy one at a Rogers Wireless store without subscribing to a service plan. The PIN number will not be used by Rogers and you will not have a conflict when you do register it.
    05-06-09 04:12 PM
    So as long as i don't put in a Rogers SIM card into it then it should be fine right?
    05-06-09 04:49 PM
    Sorry, but what if instead of buying one at Rogers (since it's so expensive...) I buy one of the Internet. It should be fine as well right as long as i make sure the phone it BRAND NEW.

Is there such a thing as the PIN is directly locked with Rogers and cannot be changed, altered, or released.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by alexxau; 05-06-09 at 06:24 PM.
    05-06-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD