Check out the new BlackBerry protect website it's really sweet.
    https://protect.blackberry.com/

You can now manage your devices and everything looks a lot better.
    11-10-11 12:38 PM
    It's pretty cool that once you connect to the website, and it connects to your device, it pulls up your signal strength and battery status. That's pretty slick.
    11-10-11 01:57 PM
    Very handy and useful, used this service to retrieve my Bold 9780, got stolen at training one day and sold to some left a message on the phone via the protect website and the owner wjo had been sold the phone returned it to me.
    11-11-11 04:47 AM
    I wish I could understand why this is still not available for BES users. I just don't get it. Sounds really cool though.
    11-11-11 09:02 AM
    Because BES has IT Policy

Its a load of S*** I know, but hopefully soon it will be available to BES owners,.
    11-11-11 09:10 AM
    Can't a BES admin do all the things that BB protect does anyways? Never used BES and don't quite understand how it works or the options it has, but this was my understanding of it from reading a few other posts when BB protect first came out.
    11-11-11 09:18 AM
    It's more what BB Protect can do that BES cannot. With BES, you have a central management system that lets you connect blackberry devices to your corporate email system and then apply IT Policies to them such that you can have complete control over the device options.

So, you can require a password, have the device automatically password lock itself after 2 minutes idle time, wipe the device if the wrong password is entered once, disable social media apps, force the browser home page to be your corporate web site, etc., etc.

But with Protect, you can do all the cool, fun, helpful stuff. As opposed to the scary mean protective stuff. BES does not allow you to make the blackberry play a loud sound so you can find it, or locate it on a map with GPS.

There is some overlap between the two like remotely setting a password and locking the device, or wiping all the data from it, but BES is lacking some features and I can't figure out why they can't integrate the Protect features.

Basically, I wanna be able to log in to the cool new Protect website and send a command to my phone to play a loud sound so I can find it even though it's always right next to me but it would be fun anyway.
    11-11-11 09:26 AM
    BES as it suggests is for Business purposes and keeping control on your employees.
    BB Protect is for the personal user. I assume though if you took your IT Policy off (Won't happen in a corporate environment) that would be able to down BB protect?
    11-11-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD