Not sure where to post this but I hope BlackBerry make a high end all touch phone next year. Not sure why they will not.

I'm been using BlackBerry forever but if they don't make us all touch uses an high end phone I'm going to leave BlackBerry which I don't want to do. So BlackBerry please make us happy with an high end all touch phone soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 02:51 PM
    The unannounced next BB10 all-touchscreen flagship is typically referred to as Z50, although neither the device nor its name are confirmed. It was previously codenamed Ontario, although that design is thought to be scrapped meaning there's probably a new codename.

Best guess right now is we might see it in BlackBerry's March-May 2015 quarter.

Rumoured specs are 5.2" touchscreen, either 1080x1920 or 1440x2560 screen res, large built-in battery (around 3,300mAh), AC Wi-Fi, 3GB RAM, 32GB device storage. Many rumours about exactly which quad-core or maybe even octacore processor it would use.
    The unannounced next BB10 all-touchscreen flagship is typically referred to as Z50, although neither the device nor its name are confirmed. It was previously codenamed Ontario, although that design is thought to be scrapped meaning there's probably a new codename.

Rumoured specs are 5.2" touchscreen, either 1080x1920 or 1440x2560 screen res, large built-in battery (around 3,300mAh), AC Wi-Fi, 3GB RAM, 32GB device storage. Many rumours about exactly which quad-core or maybe even octacore processor it would use.
    09-15-14 03:01 PM
    Not sure where to post this but I hope BlackBerry make a high end all touch phone next year. Not sure why they will not.

I'm been using BlackBerry forever but if they don't make us all touch uses an high end phone I'm going to leave BlackBerry which I don't want to do. So BlackBerry please make us happy with an high end all touch phone soon.

Posted via CB10
    You almost threaten the BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:09 PM
    That was the Z30. This year it's our (physical KB folks) turn. I do hope the Z50 shows up in 2015 and hope it's successful.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Blacklatino like this.
    09-15-14 03:17 PM
    Me too, the Z30 is fantastic, and I'd love to see a Z50 come out!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    09-15-14 03:20 PM
    There has to be a replacement for the Z10.

The Z30 is a bit too big for me for the everyday usage. And the Z10 is a bit too small for me.

The best size would be around 4.5 inches.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-15-14 05:33 PM
    There should be a Z20 (replace for the Z10) and a Z40 or Z50 (replace for the Z30), whatever the names would be there should be upgrade for both touch screens, Z10 as a release mid tier and Z30 as a high tier.
    silversmith75 and cman5 like this.
    09-15-14 05:47 PM
    No, the Z20 should not be the mid tier phone. I want to see the same specs as found on the biggest phone.

Kind of like Sony Z phones and the Z compact phones. It is possible to have top specs on a mid size phone, and people want that.

Ghyss8888, lnichols and devin266 like this.
    09-15-14 05:51 PM

The Z30 is a bit too big for me for the everyday usage. And the Z10 is a bit too small for me.

Don't hold your breath. The small all-touch device is proving to be something of a niche product now.

The Z10 replacement very likely will be the Z20, and the most likely candidate for THAT is a Z3 with a boosted spec, so expect a 5" screen on that one.

If you look at Sony, Samsung, or LG, you'll see that in the last couple of years their tendency has been to come out with a large screen flagship, and if it sells well enough they'll introduce a smaller model with a comparable spec. But the smaller one is definitely the niche model, and sells in miniscule numbers compared to the bigger brother.

Apple is already saying the order volume for the 6+ is way higher in proportion for the regular 6 than they expected, though some of that can be attributed to pent-up demand.

Don't expect a true successor (i.e. small, hi-def screen and decent RAM/processor/storage) to the Z10 until you see a bigger all-touch flagship selling in the millions of units. If EVERYTHING goes well for BlackBerry over the next while, you might see one in a year or so.
    09-15-14 07:12 PM

March- May would be perfect for me. I really hope they do make a good touch screen flag ship.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:25 PM

Tell me I'm wrong, but with the iPhone now gone bigger there is no more new 4 inches or less phones on the market? (besides qwertys obviously)

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:28 PM
    Z10 is the best one handed device on the market. With 10.3 it rocks.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:59 PM
    Z10 is the best one handed device on the market. With 10.3 it rocks.

Posted via CB10
    I bet it does.
    09-15-14 08:07 PM
    Don't hold your breath. The small all-touch device is proving to be something of a niche product now.

The Z10 replacement very likely will be the Z20, and the most likely candidate for THAT is a Z3 with a boosted spec, so expect a 5" screen on that one.

If you look at Sony, Samsung, or LG, you'll see that in the last couple of years their tendency has been to come out with a large screen flagship, and if it sells well enough they'll introduce a smaller model with a comparable spec. But the smaller one is definitely the niche model, and sells in miniscule numbers compared to the bigger brother.

Apple is already saying the order volume for the 6+ is way higher in proportion for the regular 6 than they expected, though some of that can be attributed to pent-up demand.

Don't expect a true successor (i.e. small, hi-def screen and decent RAM/processor/storage) to the Z10 until you see a bigger all-touch flagship selling in the millions of units. If EVERYTHING goes well for BlackBerry over the next while, you might see one in a year or so.
    They could fit a 4.7" screen in the existing Z10 dimensions. In fact the iPhone 6 is almost identical dimensions to the Z10. They should release a 4.7 the size of a z10 with 1080p, and 5.5 to 6 with a 1440p. And they should do it about the same time with similar internals.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    cman5, pantlesspenguin and HotFix like this.
    09-15-14 08:31 PM
    if blackberry doesn't replace the z10, i will just stick with mine then. a 5" devise is way to big for me... the z10 is perfect.. if they wanna increase the screen with out increasing the size of the device,, have at it.. increase spec cam resolution yada yada... and battery!!!! other wise if its just a z5 with lte thanks but no thanks the z5 looks like and adroid phone...the z10 is a sex phone...i like the rounded edges.anyway starting to ramble... i want a z20....
    cman5 likes this.
    09-15-14 08:55 PM
    I just need a z10 with better battery life.

If that asking too much?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 10:46 PM
    I figure a 4.5" screen with 1080p if possible. If not, then 4.7" 1080p with as small dimensions as possible. Or just stick with 720p at 4.5" like the Sony z compacts. As for the z50? I say. 5" bigger than the z20. If it goes to 5.2", make it again as small as possible. 1080p would be acceptable, so long as it's very high quality I think, but with the passport going 1440p, I imagine that a z50 would be 1440p as well. Maybe the current z30 dimensions could work. I'm not asking for the sharp aquos phone here, given some bezel is still needed for swiping, but adding. 2" diagonally shouldn't have to add to the dimensions in the same way the galaxy note series have stayed almost the same size, but gone from 5.3"-5.7"

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:22 AM
    There should be a Z20 (replace for the Z10) and a Z40 or Z50 (replace for the Z30), whatever the names would be there should be upgrade for both touch screens,
    Agreed. I hope BlackBerry will keep the two different sizes for all touch phones.
    09-16-14 12:48 AM
    They could fit a 4.7" screen in the existing Z10 dimensions. In fact the iPhone 6 is almost identical dimensions to the Z10. They should release a 4.7 the size of a z10 with 1080p, and 5.5 to 6 with a 1440p. And they should do it about the same time with similar internals.

Lol battery life halved

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 01:05 AM
    You all just have to try the Z30. I had the same thoughts until I just got it. The 5" is not as bad as you may think. So I hope any new all touch is at least 5".
    shaleem and dancadman like this.
    09-16-14 01:09 AM
    I actually would not mind if the resolution stayed at 720p, my eyes would not be able to tell the difference anyways.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-16-14 01:10 AM

I'm so tempted to write: "That's not what she said".

Seriously - I really like with Z10 size, just want better performance and battery life. The Z30 is great, but too large for many of us to use with one hand.
    cman5 likes this.
    09-16-14 01:21 AM
    Battery life is so important for us, those smaller devices like a 4.5 might compromise on that aspect.

I can't decide whether I would go classic asap, or go Z30 once I find a sale. If they did release the next medium-large sized full touch it would make our choices so much clearer. Here's hoping.

CB10 on the Q10
    09-16-14 02:12 AM
    Lol battery life halved

Posted via CB10
    Not if they went non removable.

09-16-14 10:46 AM
    If anyone has a Z10, and they are looking for the next full touch flagship device, may I direct you over to the Z30. I migrated from the Z10 to the Z30, and at first I thought it was a bit big, but after a couple days using it, that went away. In fact, when I pick up my dad's Z10, I find it way to small now. The Z30 (in my opinion) is a great size, and I can't see myself going smaller. I never cared for the 'bigger' phablet type phones, which the Z30 is definitely not, but I surprised myself in how much I liked the bigger screen of the Z30 compared to the Z10. Give it a whirl, you may end up loving it as I did. Don't forget about the great battery the Z30 comes with. I unplug my phone at 6am when I wake up, I use it for work and a play all day (I use Blackberry Balance as well), and I only need to plug it in when I go to bed at 10 - 11pm, and it still has about 20% battery. I never ever have to worry about plugging my Z30 in during the day.
    09-16-14 10:53 AM
51 123