Hello all,

I'm new to CrackBerry and BlackBerry (You guys actually gave me the confidence to switch over from android)

I'm under a family plan with AT&T, and I ended up switching from my Motorola Atrix 4G to the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

The BlackBerry Bold is from AT&T, but it is unlocked.

Before I bought the 9900 I didn't know I had to get a BlackBerry Data Plan to use certain apps and email.

Is this plan more expensive than the regular Data plan I had for my Atrix? or is it just the same price and something that AT&T has to input on their end?

I've been trying to find an answer to this for the past hour or so, and just figured I'd ask here before calling AT&T.

Thank You for any help,
    08-26-12 05:35 PM
    9 time out of 10 the BB data plan is the same price as a regular data plan. Best thing to do is to contact AT&T just to be sure.
    DawgMan likes this.
    08-26-12 07:24 PM
    Typically the various data plans are priced based upon the amount of the data plan you have, 1G, 2G, 5G...but with a BlackBerry, you will need a specific BlackBerry data plan that will allow email, bbm and other apps to function correctly. Now having a BlackBerry 2G data plan is probably not more expensive than android/iPhone 2G data plans.

9 time out of 10 the BB data plan is the same price as a regular data plan. Best thing to do is to contact AT&T just to be sure.
    08-26-12 08:40 PM
    If you didn't get the phone through AT&T, then you need to tell them you have a BB so they can add the BIS access to your phone. And, no, AT&T does not charge extra for a BlackBerry Data Plan (which is BIS).
    08-26-12 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD