02-07-09 07:45 AM
- Hi all.i just bought my bold n i must say its really cool.I bought it sim-free in UK as i am in Moscow n they dont hav it here. I was wondering if i were to change the service providers from one place to another how will it affect my BIS account?I will be residing in Malaysia but for the mean time i was hoping to use the BIS here in Russia.
If the service provider only say it has BIS for other blackberry such as 8700 only, can i use that service provider for my bold?will my bold connect to the blackberry server?
Plz reply to me ASAP.i really need ur help.
-BB is damn cool!02-07-09 12:21 AM
- I have no frame of reference here, but I'll tell you my first impression based on what you're saying. The Bold is a 3G unit, but I would imagine that it can operate in a 1x coverage area. I would assume that if you can get data service, regardless if it is 3g or not, you should be able to access your e-mail account, granted it is setup properly for the area that you are in. If you change providers, log in to that certain provider's BIS site (if you tell us what the new provider is, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you the site address) and setup your e-mail thru it. Send the service books to make sure after the setup and I would imagine it would work fine!
Once again, I'm in the States, and I can't guarantee that this will work, but I figure that it's worth a shot!02-07-09 12:49 AM
- so basically if a provider can supply me with a blackberry plan,i can sign up with my bold eventhough the provider does not supply bolds?sorry i cudnt make it more clearer its just i cant unlock the full potential of my bold as i have no BIS
in malaysia there's MAXIS as the .i wont be in malaysia till jun.so i was hoping i cud make use of my bold here in moscow.02-07-09 02:05 AM
- Gosh... it'd probably be to your advantage to unlock your phone. I don't have any experience with the unlock process, but from what I've read on here, it's pretty easy to do. Once it's unlocked you should be able to connect to a different provider regardless of the original provider. is there a SIM card with your Bold? What options do you have when you go Malaysia as far as cellular providers?
You can look up instructions on unlocking your device on this site in the forums. pretty much anything you want to know you can find on here... I'll try to help you the best I can...
Also, what options do you have in Moscow. Do you have BIS service right now?02-07-09 02:12 AM
- actually the phone is already unlocked. Im just worried if i signed up for a BIS here in Russia can i sign up for another BIS in Malaysia?or will the blackberry server have problems with it bcos im using the same phone?
Is it possible to change ur provider/ BIS if ur phone is unlocked?wat i mean is if i took a BIS here in Russia and then i'll go back to malaysia,it'll be fine right to sign up with the malaysian carrier?
thanx a bunch for helping me out.im kinda down cos i cant really use BB as it was meant to be.02-07-09 06:59 AM
- I don't think that it would, you'd just have to setup your e-mail thru you're new carrier once you get to Malasia on their BIS website, and I would assume that you'd need to delete the one that is setup for use in Russia, I'm guessing that you couldn't have 2 setups for the same e-mail thru 2 different BIS providerrs, that might cause a conflict.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-07-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD