hey everyone. ive got a brand new Blackberry never opened and never used which i bought at a sale. its on the same carrier as mine. i currently have an i phone 4. could i just put my sim in this phone and use it. i would like to use the BB for work and the iphone other times. Could the sims just be switched or do i have to call each time to use one or the other. Also i know that aple uses micro sim so i would have to get an adapter.
    09-23-11 04:55 PM
    You would need to call your carrier and have a BIS plan added, otherwise you wont get your email on your berry. This will revert to a normal data plan when you plug your SIM into your iphone. Other then that there are a few people on here that do the same thing.
    09-23-11 05:08 PM
    It'll depend on your carrier. You need to activate BIS to get your email. I use verizon so I know nothing of sim cards. I do know that I used to switch day to day from a BB 9650 and a Droid X. All I had to to do was activate them before use over the phone, it only took about 20 seconds after the 1st time.
    09-23-11 05:09 PM
    It'll depend on your carrier. You need to activate BIS to get your email. I use verizon so I know nothing of sim cards. I do know that I used to switch day to day from a BB 9650 and a Droid X. All I had to to do was activate them before use over the phone, it only took about 20 seconds after the 1st time.
    Ok. What if i were to swap sims on my wifes blackberry to this other Bb would that just be a simple sim swap or would i need to still activate anything from one phone to another?
    09-23-11 05:21 PM
    The SIM card that i used on your iPhone is smaller then the regular SIM card that fits your Blackberry SIM slot - so first of all, the hardware is one thing needed to be solved and it can be done by using a Mini Sim card adapter.

Another thing is the BIS but you already got answered about it.

Last thing is the device SIM security, if the phones are from different carriers you need to unlock them for sim switching..
    Example, unlocked Blackberry from Bell will work with a Rogers SIM card.
    But if they are both on the same carrier you have nothing to worry about on that issue - should work fine as for regular use even without a BIS (Mobile signal, calls and SMS).
    09-24-11 05:44 AM
    The SIM card that i used on your iPhone is smaller then the regular SIM card that fits your Blackberry SIM slot - so first of all, the hardware is one thing needed to be solved and it can be done by using a Mini Sim card adapter.

Another thing is the BIS but you already got answered about it.

Last thing is the device SIM security, if the phones are from different carriers you need to unlock them for sim switching..
    Example, unlocked Blackberry from Bell will work with a Rogers SIM card.
    But if they are both on the same carrier you have nothing to worry about on that issue - should work fine as for regular use even without a BIS (Mobile signal, calls and SMS).
    Thanks for the help. Now i have another question, A freind of mine had two brand new BB`s sent to him which he never ordered from his carrier and they never called to retreive them back. They must have made a foul up on there end. Now if he unlocks them would he be able to use the 2 units on another carrier? obviously not his i would imagine.
    10-17-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD