Hi there,

My wife's curve 3G is becoming unstable thanks to a couple of dunks it has taken over the past year. She upgraded last year with a new 3 year contract and in order to upgrade now, will cost a lot to break the contract.

SO ... I have suggested she take my phone (9780) which is working perfectly at the moment having just returned a few weeks ago from service. This is a simple switch of sim cards and costs nothing.

And then I upgrade to one of the new berries.

So my question to you all is which would you pick and why?

The new bold, torch 9810 or torch 9860?

Thanks in advance!
    09-13-11 01:37 PM
    I went with the 9900. The keyboard is the BEST and you get both worlds with the touch as well. Supper fast. If you type a lot, I would say to get the 9900.
    09-13-11 01:39 PM
    That's the way I'm leaning, but looking for other opinions as well .. I leapt at the 9780 and loved it at first then slowly grew to hate the glitches. Now I'm happy(ish) with it again after servicing it, but drooling over the new bold. Funny thing is when I first got my 9780 I thought (as I'm sure many others did) *how nice would this be with a touch screen too* voila
    09-13-11 01:59 PM
    That's pretty good that it's working at all and is only unstable after a couple of dunks!

I went with the 9810 because I was overall very satisfied with the 9800 but wanted something a little quicker. (And the 9810 was out first on at&t.) To be brutally honest, I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. I've got no complaints with the T2, but I never played with the 9900 to see if I might have liked it even better. I still have a week to decide if I want to take it back, but it's really a great phone so far. But if you really like your 9780, you might be better off waiting for the 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 03:11 PM
    Well I have a bold 9650 so I would say to get the 9900. However. I have played with the OG Torch and I love it. It is versatile, has a great screen and the keyboard is great.

If I could get the Torch 2 on VZW I might choose that over the Bold but I'd have to play with it.

The 9900 is amazing though as everyone has said so it's really up to you and you have to play with them.
    09-13-11 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the input folks. The telus (gasp) rep actually put the torch and the bold side by side and the screen on the new bold really isn't THAT much smaller, which I like.

Also, there is a sale on the 9900 now too so I'd say that's where I'm going.

Cheers all and thanks again for the opinions and options.
    09-13-11 04:08 PM
    9900 is definitely the way to go.. its a great phone, and you can't beat a sale on a flagship device.
    09-13-11 04:13 PM
    None..

Not until RIM learns to finish things they have started and to be on time. (or at least close to being on time)

Tim
    09-13-11 04:18 PM
    I went from the 9630 to the 9800 to the 9900, and I have to say it is DAM N good to be back to a candybar form factor!

a few things I miss about the 9800 but over all the 9900 is amazing, so slim it almost hides in my pockets, yet very roomy to type on, I have mostly been pleased with the OS once I deleted all my non compatible OS6 based apps.
    09-13-11 04:37 PM
    Got the new 9930 OS 7 because I wanted a solid Querty Physical keyboard and havingto be fortunate to go to the convention in Orlando this year and tryingthem out I knew what i wanted in advance.

I waited 2 weeks to read reviews and listen to others before I got it and now i am glad I did. What a great device.
    09-13-11 04:47 PM
    I think I'm going to hold out for the QNX line. I'm happy with my 9780 for now, and if the QNX phones are out next year, I can wait for a while.
    09-13-11 05:44 PM
    I almost went for the 9900, and I'm sure it would be a great phone too, but I ended up with the 9810. I like the extra 13% screen real estate, and the ability to switch to landscape mode for those not so mobile friendly web sites. Yes you take a hit on keyboard size compared to the flagship 9900, but it is just as big as the 9780 and it took me no time to be speedily typing away.

In the end it is what ever you want most in a phone.

CS
    09-13-11 08:54 PM
    I just recently picked the bold. I came from storm 2 and swore I'd never give up a full touch device. So I went and played with both 9930 & 9850. As cool as I thought the torch was, the bold is what I left the store with. It's just one awesome device to be honest.

Hi there,

My wife's curve 3G is becoming unstable thanks to a couple of dunks it has taken over the past year. She upgraded last year with a new 3 year contract and in order to upgrade now, will cost a lot to break the contract.

SO ... I have suggested she take my phone (9780) which is working perfectly at the moment having just returned a few weeks ago from service. This is a simple switch of sim cards and costs nothing.

And then I upgrade to one of the new berries.

So my question to you all is which would you pick and why?

The new bold, torch 9810 or torch 9860?

Thanks in advance!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD