06-03-08 10:13 AM
- Screen protection: Is it a bad idea to not have a screen protector? Seeing as there its not a touch screen so no stylus use on it how durable does the screen protector have to be? I also have a palm Tungsten T5 with a boxwave screen protector on it and it has lasted so far over 3 years with little wear (only a few scratches where heavy stylus use takes place). Cost me around $10 per with a 3 pack after S&H. They also have ones for the 8300 and 8310 but I don't know if they fit the 8330. I'm also not sure if I really need that brand as with no stylus use on the screen the screen protector I would think doesn't have to be as durable. Though it should still be one that isn't a dirt and dust magnet.
Cases (device body protection): The 8330 came with what appears to be a decent leather holster. Question is would it be better to get a flip lid case or a body skin and use the holster it came with? Or something along those lines. My past experiences with PDAs has been, after having the device for a long time (over a year or more), is that the oil and whatever else on your hands tended to wear out the outside of the device. Like discolor it and even eat away at the outer coating or whatever you call it so that it looks kind of ugly. My T5 I have a Krussel side flip case with a magnet clasp. I don't need something as bulky as it is for the 8330 since all that needs to be held is the phone. The case for the T5 holds SD cards and has slots for credit cards or other things like that plus a sort of pocket to tuck something like a micro fiber cloth into as well. I prefer to keep my devices in my pockets. Phone in top hand pocket and PDA in cargo pocket.06-02-08 09:25 AM
- I have InvisibleShield (Screen Only) and a rubber case on mine. Works well for me. I would reccomend getting some sort of screen protection. I know there is one called Best Skins Ever as well. I have not ever used it, but have heard it is just as good as IS and it is cheaper.
IS: ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 8330 Curve Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
BSE: RIM BlackBerry 8330 Skin06-02-08 09:44 AM
- I have InvisibleShield (Screen Only) and a rubber case on mine. Works well for me. I would reccomend getting some sort of screen protection. I know there is one called Best Skins Ever as well. I have not ever used it, but have heard it is just as good as IS and it is cheaper.06-03-08 06:51 AM
- I can share my experience with the Invisible Shield. The results are good, but not perfect, I ended up with a couple of smudged looking areas that I could never get out (and they bother me). Due to this and reading about the good results with BSE, I've ordered a 2-pack of them (for half the cost of 1 IS).06-03-08 07:21 AM
- I think I have come down to a couple options:
I think I like this one the best, Smartphone Experts OpenFace Case and a IS or BSE screen only protector.
IS or BSE full body skin and use the holster that came with the phone to keep it in when not using it. This option leaves me with a couple questions. Why does the IS fully body include coverings for the edges and the BSE one doesn't include covering of all of the edges? Will sliding the 8330 in and out of its holster cause problems with these skins? Like will the parts peel off as a result of the sliding in and out?06-03-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD