Hello all

I was wondering if you can help me with a few questions I had before making the switch to a black berry. I currently use the Treo but its time to grow up and get a Blackberry. I was looking at the 8900 Curve but now I just might wait for the 9630 Tour.

Anyways here are a few concerns / questions I have.

1. I use Microsoft Outlook on my work computer. I currently link my treo with this computer which updates my contact, calender, etc.. I also use documents to go because I am constantly updating a Excel Spreadsheet on my work computer which I need to view on my phone. Is there a way to sync this information (contacts, calender, excel sheet, etc. ) without physically connecting it to my computer possibly having it wirelessly link? I was looking at Google sync but I'm not sure if I understand that application.

2. I use a mac for personal use. This is what I want to do.
    - Sync and share the blackberry with itunes, movies, and pictures.
    - Sync contacts BUT have blackberry overide the mac everytime(just incase I deleted or changed a contact on the mac). Example if I made a change on the mac it wouldn't change on the blackberry. But next time I sync the Blackberry would always override the mac files.

Also I know this is a personal suggestion but should I wait for the Tour or should I just get the 8900? Also any Applications you consider a must??
    06-16-09 04:30 PM
    Hello all

I was wondering if you can help me with a few questions I had before making the switch to a black berry. I currently use the Treo but its time to grow up and get a Blackberry. I was looking at the 8900 Curve but now I just might wait for the 9630 Tour.

Anyways here are a few concerns / questions I have.

1. I use Microsoft Outlook on my work computer. I currently link my treo with this computer which updates my contact, calender, etc.. I also use documents to go because I am constantly updating a Excel Spreadsheet on my work computer which I need to view on my phone. Is there a way to sync this information (contacts, calender, excel sheet, etc. ) without physically connecting it to my computer possibly having it wirelessly link? I was looking at Google sync but I'm not sure if I understand that application.

2. I use a mac for personal use. This is what I want to do.
    - Sync and share the blackberry with itunes, movies, and pictures.
    - Sync contacts BUT have blackberry overide the mac everytime(just incase I deleted or changed a contact on the mac). Example if I made a change on the mac it wouldn't change on the blackberry. But next time I sync the Blackberry would always override the mac files.

Also I know this is a personal suggestion but should I wait for the Tour or should I just get the 8900? Also any Applications you consider a must??
    1. There are some programs available that will allow you to sync wirelessly for personal use (BIS). But I do believe you have to pay after a trial period. Doing a google search should help you find some programs.

SyncJe for BlackBerry - Wireless BlackBerry sync of Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. Free to try, using SyncML technology.

If you are using for business and on BES then you can sync wirelessly. Not sure about files. As far as I know, contacts, calendars etc...

2. You can makes the sync settings how you like them. Whether you want the info on your phone to overwrite the info on your computer or vice versa, you can change those settings.

Lastly, the 8900 is only on T-Mobile and AT&T right now and are not 3G equipped. If you are with Sprint (as it says under your username), then I would wait for the Tour 9630 to be released. A date should be coming soon. But if you are switching carriers or are on a different one, I would go with the Bold for AT&T or Tour (when released) for VZW.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-16-09 at 06:02 PM.
    06-16-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD