I am new to BB. I previosly had a palm Treo then a Centro. I am having a hard time adjusting. There are a couple of things someone can probably help me with:
    1. Is there a button to press to turn the screen off without having to wait the 30 seconds or however long you have it set for?

2. Is there a way to get that blue light to stop blinking. When I plug my phone up at night in the room, that light drives me crazy.

3. Any other help that would help me transition from the Centro would be appreciated.
    12-09-08 07:54 PM
    Well I can help you with a couple...

Holding the mute button on top of the phone for three seconds sets your BB to standby. Another press revives it. Or you could do what I did and set one of your customizable side keys to keyboard lock. It is very convenient and easier than searching for the icon.

I've heard about the light but I've never dealt with it. Sorry.

As for the transition, just look here for answers to questions amd never be afraid to ask your own. Hopefully you will master your berry and become a true addict.

Edit: just remembered- blue light indicates bluetooth on if I recall correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gtother; 12-09-08 at 08:09 PM.
    12-09-08 08:07 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Don't be shy about asking questions, we have plenty of addicts here willing to assist you.

Enjoy the addiction
    12-09-08 08:08 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!

12-09-08 08:10 PM
    As gother said: the blue light on my curve is when the bluetooth is connected. When it is charging, there is no light.

12-09-08 08:18 PM
    Wecome aboard!
    12-09-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";