Have you tried attaching two files to a single email in Windows Phone? Without that simple of a function Windows Phone is a no go for me.

Posted via CB10
    I think it will be fixed in windows 10...and it should have file explorer....remain to be seen though

Actually you can on Windows phone 8.1. Just select two files in File manager (File manager in windows phone is not pre-installed, download from windows store name "Files" for free, it is made by Microsoft), then share via email.

This is what I do on my Windows phone:

New apps keep coming, even for Windows Phone... but why not to BlackBerry?-wp_ss_20150302_0002.png

And this is what I received on my BB Z3

New apps keep coming, even for Windows Phone... but why not to BlackBerry?-img_20150302_005733.png

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    03-01-15 12:00 PM
    Well, BlackBerry has a market share of between 0.4% and 0.8% depending on the source you want to believe and is still far behind Microsoft, which is to be found at about 2,7%.

Now, as Android accounts for an overwhelming majority of sales in the smartphone industry and, together with iOS, even for around 96% of all smartphones shipped, the choice as a developer is quite obvious, isn't it?

Especially now, as it is possible to run android apps on BlackBerry, nobody is willing to take up the efforts of developing and maintaining a BlackBerry app for the below 1% of the market you can reach. Especially as you can maybe reach these additional customers without any additional costs through the Amazon app store.

The only difference with windows phone is that those devices are out of the reach of any Android store, so if you want to be present in that market, there's no way around developing a WP8 app. Still, not many are showing interest in windows phones and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Both, BlackBerry and Microsoft were just late to the smartphone game and now it's only two major players that everyone accepts. That's just a fact, no matter how good those phones are.

Of course the situation can change in the future, depending on how BlackBerry is developing, but for the moment we have to be happy with those who still decided to deliver a BlackBerry app for us and there are a few of them, which I appreciate.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:10 PM
    I think it will be fixed in windows 10...and it should have file explorer....remain to be seen though
    Far too long of a fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:03 PM
    Yes but not significantly a deep loss as Microsoft.

Isn't BlackBerry making a loss as well?
    03-01-15 03:35 PM
    Far too long of a fix.

Posted via CB10
    Geez, I was using my 920 as a primary for almost a year and never realized I couldn't attach a file (other than a picture) to a message. WTF? Am I doing something wrong? I can however attach as many pictures as I want lol.
    03-01-15 04:05 PM
    You can read my previous comments which shows how to attach doc files in email sent from WP. I can attach document files, even more than one. I even Have file manager. I use WP 8.1 dont need to wait till wp 10.
    You can see the attached screenshot.

03-01-15 06:20 PM
    Geez, I was using my 920 as a primary for almost a year and never realized I couldn't attach a file (other than a picture) to a message. WTF? Am I doing something wrong? I can however attach as many pictures as I want lol.
    You can read my previous comments which shows how to attach doc files in email sent from WP. I can attach document files, even more than one. I even Have file manager. WP 8.1.

03-01-15 06:23 PM
    You can read my previous comments which shows how to attach doc files in email sent from WP. I can attach document files, even more than one. I even Have file manager. WP 8.1.

With another app? That is complete junk! I just never realized it was like that, that is my point.

I don't have to sacrifice that or similar functionality on my Zed10. But I realized Window's Phone was behind BB a long time ago.
    03-01-15 06:34 PM
    With another app? That is complete junk! I just never realized it was like that, that is my point.

I don't have to sacrifice that or similar functionality on my Zed10. But I realized Window's Phone was behind BB a long time ago.
    The file manager is made by Microsoft, yes it's another app. At least it has improvement that WP has a file manager.
    I'm thinking different steps: open file manager -> Select files -> share via email.
    Normally: open email app -> select files through file manager -> send it.

My point is about to share files via email.
    Some people say WP cannot attached to files in one email. I'm just giving the answer how. Regarding how people use the phone, it's just about habit.

JeepBB and dolco like this.
    03-01-15 06:43 PM
    Send 8 files via Email on WP 8.1
    Excel, word, pdf, exe.

New apps keep coming, even for Windows Phone... but why not to BlackBerry?-wp_ss_20150302_0003.png

New apps keep coming, even for Windows Phone... but why not to BlackBerry?-wp_ss_20150302_0004.png

03-01-15 06:52 PM
    Actually, Windows Phone is also losing apps. Big name apps. Chase Bank and Bank of America, for example, have pulled their apps.

Microsoft has money to burn and apps are coming to the platform, but are they retaining them? Are they being used enough for the devs/companies to keep them going?

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    03-01-15 07:14 PM
    Calm down we get to new apps too. We also just got paypal. Also, if you want more apps then let's the companies know and actually support the current selection of apps and don't be cheap by not wanting to spend 99 freaking cents.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:11 PM
    Not another one! No matter the Apps someone complains. Now that BlackBerry has access to Amazon and Google store itself, now it's not good enough, it's gotta be native. Just stop it. BlackBerry is what it is and if anyone thinks they need all the Apps in the world then buy an android and an iPhone. most of the apps I see are simple and for children, Any serious App can be had on a BlackBerry, yes, even Netflix. So if you want native iPhone apps then buy an iPhone and if you want native android apps then buy and android. Is there honestly anyone that isn't aware of BlackBerry and what it has and doesn't have for apps and why??? Years ago I got ducked in by the lack of app whiners and tried an android, as fast as I loaded an app I deleted it because the vast majority are idiotic. Now that I'm back on BlackBerry I find all the apps that I did find at least partially useful are now available on BlackBerry, stop just stop it.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:23 PM
    Yup, Microsoft is concentrating on the low end and people who buy cheap phones don't buy apps. If no one buys apps, no devs.

I heard that the average Android programmer makes the equivalent of minimum wage. Whsat chance do the Windows and BlackBerry devs have?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:33 PM
    IMO, it's not a crime to complain. Since we want better experience.

Yes, the apps on BBW looks generally useful because we BBW has less app. People tend to optimize something based on what they have.

It's like when I use windows phone at the beginning. It lacked of apps, so I tend to maximize how to be as productive as possible with apps I have.

03-01-15 09:51 PM
    Complaining for no reason doesn't help. BlackBerry 10 now has all the apps. Literally.

Now if you want all of them on BBW then simply let the companies know and support the ones that are available now. And that includes spending a very tiny, microscopic 99 cents on an app.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:24 PM
    It's kinda of a hard part they have pushed the android app thing to bring more users. But at the same time that has stop dev's from developing apps. Why would they when they can just have an android. I do hope BlackBerry will insist more bit it's a wait and see thing

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:25 PM
    Complaining for no reason doesn't help. BlackBerry 10 now has all the apps. Literally.

Now if you want all of them on BBW then simply let the companies know and support the ones that are available now. And that includes spending a very tiny, microscopic 99 cents on an app.

Posted via CB10
    No reason? My reason is just wanna get better experience. Personally. Well, everyone has different needs.

03-01-15 10:41 PM
    It's kinda of a hard part they have pushed the android app thing to bring more users. But at the same time that has stop dev's from developing apps. Why would they when they can just have an android. I do hope BlackBerry will insist more bit it's a wait and see thing

Posted via CB10
    I do think so.

03-01-15 10:41 PM
    In the near future you will have all the apps you want when BB'zs goodies goes cross platform like hub, calendar, sms, and other things by buying and Iphone or android
    03-01-15 10:54 PM
    Anyone tested Windows 10 tech preview?

:-)

Very apps-centric new Windows, and a messenger of what's coming for Windows phone. Many apps which were previously phone apps now on desktop. This platform is only gonna attract more and get traction...

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-02-15 01:59 AM
    Anyone tested Windows 10 tech preview?

:-)

Very apps-centric new Windows, and a messenger of what's coming for Windows phone. Many apps which were previously phone apps now on desktop. This platform is only gonna attract more and get traction...

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    Yes, I'm running Win10 now. It's very nice and seems to merge the desktop/mobile paradigms well. Hard to believe that it won't do well as an XP/win7 upgrade... and will probably re-energise Windows Phone too.
    03-02-15 02:42 AM
    No reason? My reason is just wanna get better experience. Personally. Well, everyone has different needs.

BlackBerry is what BlackBerry is... you want a better experience you need to face the realities that BlackBerry can't deliver it.

The don't have the money or market penetration that Microsoft has, and theyreally don't even have a shot at being a platform for much longer. Most everything the company is doing points to an end of smartphone hardware (yeah Chen said hardware, but he didn't say smartphones - maybe medical devices or some type of IoT communications Devices)
    03-02-15 09:37 AM
    You should remember that while WP8's market share remains steady, they actually shipped more devices in 2014 than in 2013 (35 million vs 33 million). On the other hand BB's market share plummeted and the device sales with it (6 million in 2014 vs 19 million in 2013).

The "even for WP" in the title make it seem that WP8 is doing worse than BB10 and that BB10 should receive apps before WP, when in reality WP is so far above BB10 that the 3rd ecosystem position is as good as secured for Microsoft.
    03-02-15 09:53 AM
    ... snip snip... I love BlackBerry 10 but there is always this threat of extinction looming about the platform and Chen doing his best to make the company attractive enough to be sold for a reasonable price in the end and alleviate some of Prem's investment loss.
    I respectfully disagree. Everytime the news reports a takeover story, Chen announces yet another reason why BB is on the mend and advancing without a potential buyout partner. Nothing other than rumor (at Crackberry mainly) indicates to me that Chen's strategy has changed and the company is still for sale. In fact, BB has acquired new companies during Chen's tenure. Anyway, just my opinion.
    03-02-15 10:32 AM
72 123