I'm one of you! Was a Z10 owner before my Z30. Was hoping to get more run out of it but T-Mobile USA is quickly upgrading to LTE in bands the STA100-5 doesn't support. Never going back to the PKB, so BlackBerry can either support the all touch customer they created, or lose me to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Wait are you saying that if I buy a Z30 STA100-5, it won't work on T-Mobile?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 01:02 PM
    The problem I have with a slider is the size and looks.

If BlackBerry can somehow make a slider that's

- relatively light,
    - is no thicker than a Z30,
    - minimum 4.7" screen (ideally a 5" screen -- once you have a big screen like the Z30, it's impossible to go back to a much smaller one),
    - and looks really sleek,

then I'd be up for it.

But I won't get a huge, heavy, thick phone with garish visible mechanical stuff on it and massive bottom bezel, and reduced screen size just to have a new large screen BlackBerry. That was fine for the Torch (9800/9810) in 2011 and earlier, but styles have changed.

I would love to see an all-touch with a sleek, understated (almost invisible) trackpad for easier copy/paste + text selection, but it's not a deal-maker (I can go without--especially with 10.3's insanely improved text selection/ copy-paste software -- WAY better than Android and pre-BB10.3).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-14-15 01:27 PM
    Hey, don't be mean to me

Now that was too friendly

On a serious note though:
    Thank you! I usually like yours too
    And we need some disagreement...
    Always agreeing prevents to hear/accept other intelligent thoughts.

Which is understandable.
    You also might want to look into some apps that might help your enterprise, which aren't available on BB10.
    (in the case of you even being allowed to use them. You'll be positively surprised how much apps can help to work more efficiently).

It's just really really really hard nowadays, to justify buying a BlackBerry.
    If you aren't a .gov organisation or work for ultra regulatied industries, or love keyboards over everything else...
    What's the point?

(I still have a Z10 as my personal phone, but that's because I basically use 3 apps, as a private person. And Tinder isn't one of them... I enjoy BB10 and the HUB and actually like being app-less.
    But this use case isn't exactly widespread. I also recommend BB10 phones for kids. They are the perfect first smartphone. Limited, yet better than no smartphone.)
    I manage everything technology related(phones,network,vmware,servers etc). Bb10 and bes have been great for us. We have a couple of iphones for vp and ceos but the rest are given new blackberries as I think they best fit the needs of our users( who most email etc)

Most of the apps we need work on bb10 either through blackberry world, amazon app word or snap.

For me ios is too restrictive and old, android is too insecure and complicated for most of our users and since some can't handle excel I'm not going to hold their hands with their phones.

Bb10 works well. But users need to want these phones in order for there to be demand for them in other corporate environments and consume bases (I'm in Canada and I'm starting to see more people using them)

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-14-15 02:14 PM
    The problem I have with a slider is the size and looks.

I would love to see an all-touch with a sleek, understated (almost invisible) trackpad for easier copy/paste + text selection, but it's not a deal-maker (I can go without--especially with 10.3's insanely improved text selection/ copy-paste software -- WAY better than Android and pre-BB10.3).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    I like that idea, and after setting up a BlackBerry Classic I got for my Dad I'd like to see the return of the back button on BB10 as well. Maybe they could work up something similar to Android Home / Back / Open Apps but with Trackpad in the center and Back and Menu on either side?

I didn't realize the original Torch had different models including one that was just touch as one of the earlier posters mentioned. Hey, maybe they'll release a slimmer all touch model variant, could happen. Would be a nice surprise if they did. Since they're going back to the past with the slider anyway...

New BlackBerry Torch Smartphones - Touch Screen Cell Phones - Worldwide
    04-14-15 02:15 PM
    I'm on the Passport and from a z10 I love the keyboard. If the slider is curved than I maybe tempted

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:43 PM
    I manage everything technology related(phones,network,vmware,servers etc). Bb10 and bes have been great for us. We have a couple of iphones for vp and ceos but the rest are given new blackberries as I think they best fit the needs of our users( who most email etc)

Most of the apps we need work on bb10 either through blackberry world, amazon app word or snap.

For me ios is too restrictive and old, android is too insecure and complicated for most of our users and since some can't handle excel I'm not going to hold their hands with their phones.

Bb10 works well. But users need to want these phones in order for there to be demand for them in other corporate environments and consume bases (I'm in Canada and I'm starting to see more people using them)

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe a corporation would allow snap to be used.
    04-14-15 03:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Ok, I see.
    We weren't allowed to use those, and ultimately were switched over to iPhones and Androids on BES.

Certain departements in the company don't use apps, or have adequate BB10 apps and still use BlackBerries.

Neither can I. But well, maybe Canada works differently?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-15 03:54 PM
    Marketing company so things are a bit relaxed. And I'm the admin. Soooo.

I don't allow snap on the work side of the phone, no would I be able to install it there if I wanted to

You can download the apks from multiple sources anyhow but snap makes it easy

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:11 PM
    Ok, I see.
    Neither can I. But well, maybe Canada works differently?
    It doesn't, lol. A buddy of mine has a Z10 with BES (10?) and he can't change anything on the work side of his phone, it's locked down. But he has the Work | Personal thing so I think he has greater freedom on the personal side. I'll have to ask next time I see him.

EDIT: And in keeping with the topic, he was a legacy BB user and switched to an all touch and prefers it over a PKB. I'm sure he'd be happy to upgrade to a nice high end all touch BB.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-14-15 04:46 PM
    It doesn't, lol. A buddy of mine has a Z10 with BES (10?) and he can't change anything on the work side of his phone, it's locked down. But he has the Work | Personal thing so I think he has greater freedom on the personal side. I'll have to ask next time I see him.

EDIT: And in keeping with the topic, he was a legacy BB user and switched to an all touch and prefers it over a PKB. I'm sure he'd be happy to upgrade to a nice high end all touch BB.
    Ok, I see.
    We weren't allowed to use Balance, so yeah, that should explain it.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-14-15 06:51 PM
    Ok, I see.
    We weren't allowed to use Balance, so yeah, that should explain it.
    And now you know we Canucks are no different, lol.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-14-15 06:54 PM
86 ... 234