Hi guys.

My Curve 8320 arrived today, in black, very impressed so far. I just have two questions about BB Messenger and E-mail with my tariff/plan....

I have the Dolphin 25 on Orange plus the Voice Data Plan which is an extra cost of �2.50 per month for 250mb fair usage.

1. Does that enable me to use Blackberry Messenger?

2.When I go to blackberry.orange.co.uk to register my PIN/IMEI number with their service account setup, it tells me that it's registered to a different service provider and to re-register it

Any help would be appreciated, as I just want to get up and running with e-mails and BB Messenger.
    08-07-08 03:31 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

In order for email and Messenger to work, you need the BlackBerry data plan. Your plan should work with voice and text messages.

Fortunately, you have Wifi for the Browser. Using the Browser, you can do nearly any web based communications, including Facebook.

The last question is a little tougher. If you bought the phone from a third party, you will have to contact them to release the IMEI number with their carrier.

08-07-08 05:23 PM
    Hi & welcome to CB!

Is your signal showing GPRS/EDGE and have you received a browser icon and an email settings icon? If not then your activation is not yet complete.

BBM is included in the data package

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 05:28 PM
    Thanks guys.

I called Orange, an they said they had to activate the BIS settings over the phone, so I can now set up e-mail addresses to have e-mails sent to my blackberry.

I did ask them if I could start using BB Messenger, but they weren't sure and didn't appear to know too much about this function.
    08-07-08 06:01 PM
    Once your signal is on GPRS/EDGE you should be able to use BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD