So I got my Curve 8330 through Sprint a little more than a week ago. I've never had a blackberry before so this is all really new to me, however in my use I have a few questions about it.

First off, i've only downloaded a few applications to my blackberry and it seems to run a lot slower...is this normal? If so, how can I fix it? It seems that most people on here have a lot more apps than I do, and are really happy with their BB's.

Also, I haven't upgraded anything since I've gotten the device. I still have the same OS (I think..im pretty new to all this, but that's Operating System, right? ) And if i have this correct, it's v4.5.0.131. Just information in this area would be appreciated, I don't really know much about it

And finally...everyones favorite apps? So far I really like the Facebook app, Sprint Navigation, and of course Brick Breaker

Thanks to everyone in advance!
    PS. Any extra information in any of these areas is appreciated. I'd love to get to know my phone better!
    08-03-09 12:52 AM
    The 4.5.0.131 is a very good, stable OS. I would stick with that.

Are you closing your apps properly when you are done with them? Menu exit/close. Leaving them running in memory by pressing the End key or Back key will surely bog your OS down and cause your BB to run slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:10 AM
    Oh! I didn't realize I had to do that...or even know that I had to. Thanks! I'll try it and see how it works.
    08-03-09 01:15 AM
    Isn't the newest 8330 OS 4.5.0.160?
    08-03-09 01:38 AM
    Don't forget to check out BB101 listed up there in the BlackBerry Help section of this website. It helped me out so much in learning the basics of a BlackBerry and how it functions.

There's a section (and most likely a few posts) about freeing up system memory so your BB runs faster. Check it out with the search function... IIRC there should also be a section about that in CB101.

Favorite apps have to be Viigo, FB, UberTwitter, BeejiveIM, and Opera Mini. Makes me feel like I'm continually and instantly connected to the world.

Good luck!
    08-03-09 02:10 AM
    @OP - good advice above. One other comment: Push-technology apps like Facebook, Viigo, or browser push apps can really slow down your device as they receive frequent real-time updates, and Facebook in particular has been noted to eat memory at at an alarming rate. If you use those apps just be aware of the possible consequences. Welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:17 AM
    So I got my Curve 8330 through Sprint a little more than a week ago. I've never had a blackberry before so this is all really new to me, however in my use I have a few questions about it.

First off, i've only downloaded a few applications to my blackberry and it seems to run a lot slower...is this normal? If so, how can I fix it? It seems that most people on here have a lot more apps than I do, and are really happy with their BB's.

Also, I haven't upgraded anything since I've gotten the device. I still have the same OS (I think..im pretty new to all this, but that's Operating System, right? ) And if i have this correct, it's v4.5.0.131. Just information in this area would be appreciated, I don't really know much about it

And finally...everyones favorite apps? So far I really like the Facebook app, Sprint Navigation, and of course Brick Breaker

Thanks to everyone in advance!
    PS. Any extra information in any of these areas is appreciated. I'd love to get to know my phone better!

I had my BB since June 6,2009 while I have had a smartphone this is my first BB the BB 8330 curve.
    Good advice on closing out your apps when you are though with them as well I already read on post #2 in your thread.
    I have Verizon Navigator,CB ,BerryWeather, Mobile IM, (but mostly use though SMS messaging instead of though Mobile IM now).
    I heard of slacker radio but not downloaded it yet and a game or two when I find some I want.
    As far as learning your phone the BlackBerry 101 like this video shows and walks you though step by step is easy to follow and helped me alot ---> 101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry Curve 8330 Smartphone.
    08-03-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD