I'd love to use it, but not just for the sake of using it, i.e. to talk to strangers just because they have a BB. I have several work friends and a couple of brothers that have BBs, but I can't get my brothers to get the Data Plan. (I know, I know...they just don't get it!) And my work friends aren't really BB-savvy enough to even know what to do.

So here I sit with one of the best features of a BB and can't even use it. Anyone else in this "predicament"?

Sigh...
    12-19-08 09:46 AM
    Wow first you really need to direct your brothers to this site.....why in the world have a BB w/o a data plan- yeah I equate that to M&M's with no peanuts- just not the same.

Two years ago my boss explained BBM to me- and of course it was a light bulb going on. I haven't looked back.I have a good mix of local friends/business "friends" and random people from crackberry. Sit down with your work friends and show them how to use it- they will thank you for it. Just be careful- some companies I have been told are able to monitor bbm on company issued berries. I think that is how my old "boss" found out the nickname I had for her.
    12-19-08 10:11 AM
    Wow first you really need to direct your brothers to this site.....why in the world have a BB w/o a data plan- yeah I equate that to M&M's with no peanuts- just not the same.

Two years ago my boss explained BBM to me- and of course it was a light bulb going on. I haven't looked back.I have a good mix of local friends/business "friends" and random people from crackberry. Sit down with your work friends and show them how to use it- they will thank you for it. Just be careful- some companies I have been told are able to monitor bbm on company issued berries. I think that is how my old "boss" found out the nickname I had for her.
    Don't hate on Milk Chocolate M&Ms!!! But I see your point, why people buy BBs and don't get a plan that lets them use them for what they were made for it beyond me.

If you really want to use BB messenger, go jump in the PIN sharing section and find a bunch of people who will help you waste time
    12-19-08 10:21 AM
    I agree with the previous post. You need to definitely have a sit down with your siblings and co-workers and show them how to us BBM. It's a great feature, i use it more and more everyday, especially since i'm beginning to hate talking on the phone. I like that you can write long or short messages, attach live links, use expressions, etc... I convinced one of my closest friends into getting a BB and now she even has the Storm (I'm somewhat jealous), but the point is we communicate so much better and more frequently (now if only i can get my girlfriend to come to blackberry, i think i message more with her roommate than with her because of she's a fellow BB user). Everyday more and more of my friends are switching over to BB and I'm always asking them for their PINS so we can exchange other contact info. I also can not imagine having a BB without a data plan, for that i would just get a regular flip phone.
    12-19-08 10:29 AM
    Yeah, I thought about doing the pin-section thing. I just don't want to do it for sake of doing it, you know?

And I pest the H*LL out of my brothers about getting the data plan and why it's so great. They're just too cheap or dumb or both. ><
    12-19-08 10:30 AM
    Don't hate on Milk Chocolate M&Ms!!! But I see your point, why people buy BBs and don't get a plan that lets them use them for what they were made for it beyond me.

If you really want to use BB messenger, go jump in the PIN sharing section and find a bunch of people who will help you waste time

Where is the PIN sharing section?
    12-19-08 10:31 AM
    Where is the PIN sharing section?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/
    12-19-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD