I've heard from Verizon that a new model is coming out this month. All I want to do is easily access my e-mail and use my calendar in Outlook efficiently and safely. I don't want to accidently screw up my home computer while using it either. Also I'd like one with a good camera and video. Which one would someone suggest? I thought I'd wait till the new one comes hoping the prices on the older ones might go down. I'm fairly inept concerning this stuff and don't want a lot of stuff I'll never use. I'm still not comfortable entering contacts on my current phone and have NEVER even sent a text message yet. That all will change as I will be getting my 11 yr old a phone in September and I will NEED to learn! Any suggestions about which model to get? Also, this is the first time I've used any site like this.
    06-18-09 03:07 PM
    The new one should be hitting stores "July 13th" and it is called the Tour. I would wait for the tour. But the 8330 curve is a very solid bb as well and could do everything you need it to do, the Tour does have a better camera over the curve tho. I actually thought that the curve is Free on VZW now since the new phone is hitting stores soon.
    06-18-09 03:11 PM
    Try reading this article:

Lecture 3: How to Choose the Right BlackBerry for You! | CrackBerry.com

Might help you make up your mind. I would also recommend going down to your carrier's store, and playing around with a few devices to see what feels right for you.
    Last edited by michaelwpg; 06-18-09 at 03:11 PM. Reason: wrong link
    06-18-09 03:11 PM
    i would say get the curve. that is what im trying to get, as ive never had a bb as well
    06-23-09 04:01 PM
    Totally agree, get the curve. I'm starting law school in August and I think the curve will do everything I'll ever want or need. New ones will probably cost at least $200, probably more. You can get a curve dirt cheap. I can get one right now for $20. (30 off with ne2 discount). The only reason I havent actually gotten it is because I don't technically need it right now, so why jack up my bill and pay for it now when I don't necessarily need it.

This actually makes me think, is there a danger that if I wait too long, until the end of July, that the curve will not be available at all from Verizon? I def don't wanna miss out on the deal and get stuck having to pay hundreds of dollars. Just would rather not get it now is all since it'll be another $30/month on my bill. Thoughts?
    06-23-09 05:10 PM
    the switch to a bb might be hard for some people....it was hard for me to switch from a treo...but once you get used to the features and set up of the OS, language, etc its a great tool
    06-23-09 05:58 PM
    I would get the Curve!!! I recently bought it just for personal use and didnt want to pay the price for the Storm or the new Tour coming out!!!
    06-23-09 06:01 PM
    My brother switched from Palm to BB and he's never looked back. He was a hard core Palm user for a looong time too. The only area I say Palm has over BB is the calendar and desktop program.
    06-23-09 06:59 PM
    I just got my 8330 Curve and love it! Takes great pictures! Haven't messed with the video yet, and it sync's with Outlook really easily and doesn't harm your PC.
    06-23-09 07:11 PM
    go to a store and try one out.. I'm trying to get a curve myself off of ebay
    06-23-09 08:26 PM
    Totally agree, get the curve. I'm starting law school in August and I think the curve will do everything I'll ever want or need. New ones will probably cost at least $200, probably more. You can get a curve dirt cheap. I can get one right now for $20. (30 off with ne2 discount). The only reason I havent actually gotten it is because I don't technically need it right now, so why jack up my bill and pay for it now when I don't necessarily need it.

This actually makes me think, is there a danger that if I wait too long, until the end of July, that the curve will not be available at all from Verizon? I def don't wanna miss out on the deal and get stuck having to pay hundreds of dollars. Just would rather not get it now is all since it'll be another $30/month on my bill. Thoughts?
    You'll be fine waiting, the Tour will replace the aging 8830WE. Eventually the Curve will be replaced (there is talk of a coming BB, Atlas maybe) but not by the high end BB Tour. The Curve is THE best selling smart phone on the market right now.
    06-23-09 09:02 PM
    Wait for the TOUR!
    06-24-09 03:15 AM
    Definitely wait for the TOUR, it is gonna be a real nice blackberry.
    06-24-09 06:38 AM
    I need a new phone today, i believe my plan is already a data plan for the voyager so there shouldnt be any other issues with getting a blackberry? Is there anywhere taht the main differences u will notice btw curve and tour are pointed out?
    06-24-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD