What Blackberries have now proven to be the most reliable and have fewer issues? I've noticed a number of posts like like ones for the Storm, where users had to have their device replaced 3-5 times. Some have complained about call quality issues. I once bought a World Edition off Ebay and the "V" and "?" button didn't work and the people I called could barely hear me. Also, my friend is on her third Bold right now. I'm tempted to get the latest and greatest but I'm concerned about the issues and bugs not yet worked out. I was thinking about just getting a Curve 8830 since its been out for a long time, so many people have them, and they're so widely used right now. But I would like to get a Curve 8900 or be the be one of first to get the next new BB to hit the market. Ultimately I want reliability but I don't want to be out-dated to quickly. Can anyone share some insight or experiences?
    06-18-09 02:49 AM
    I think that the 83xx series is the one that people hardly replace, not sure though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 03:11 AM
    It's a cr@p shoot really. As with all electronic devices. That's why there are warranties and insurance.

06-18-09 03:12 AM
    You have to check on your own requirements whats the purpose you are going to get BB.
    Base on that requirement you can derive or at least narrow down your choice of selection between the phone thats been out for quite some time.
    06-18-09 03:12 AM
    I've been lucky with all my BB devices. My Pearl was absolutely bulletproof and never gave me any issues at all. My Curve was pretty close, but the keyboard got a little loose towards the end and every now and then the buttons would get wonky. The problem was never permanent and rarely happened, so I didn't feel it warranted a replacement. I purchased my Storm on the release date and still have it with no real problems. Barring anything stupid, like me dropping it, it looks like it'll make it to contract renewal when it gets replaced. So, I'm 3 for 3 right now (knock wood). Of course, having said that, I've now jinxed myself.
    06-18-09 04:05 AM
    I've had the 8330 and now the storm and never had to replace either. Although the storm took some tinkering to get it to work right.
    06-18-09 04:19 AM
    The 8700c was tough. I never had to replace that one and I never had any problems with it.

06-18-09 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD