There is never a clear answer on charging. Some say you should never ever use a charger other than the official one. So go in between and say you can but if you use a charger that has more power it will shorten battery life. And some say it actually doesn't matter because any good charger has regulator circuits in there. So which is it?

Now that I'm using my Nexus 5, I need new accessories. Or do I? I couldn't even find am official car charger for it. Today I tried charging it with my official BlackBerry car charger and it seemed to me that while I expected it to charge really fast (as it charged my larger Z30 battery fast), it charged it slow and steady, which indicates to me it is regulating how much power it sends.

Next I'm going to try my Z30 battery backup to charge my Nexus 5.

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 05:46 AM
    The problem is that charging an accu makes the accu warm because of the lost heat of the accu's inner resistor. The more power you give the more heat you get. Because of this inevitable problem every modern accu has a builtin temperature sensor. (This sensor is also used for getting the current temperature in wheather apps.) There should be an electronic charging controller in your device based on this temperature (and other data). So it should not matter what charger you use as long as the charger can provide the needed power (voltage and current). I had a charger which got broken because my Z30 sucked too much current for a while.
    08-27-15 06:10 AM
    The problem is that charging an accu makes the accu warm because of the lost heat of the accu's inner resistor. The more power you give the more heat you get. Because of this inevitable problem every modern accu has a builtin temperature sensor. (This sensor is also used for getting the current temperature in wheather apps.) There should be an electronic charging controller in your device based on this temperature (and other data). So it should not matter what charger you use as long as the charger can provide the needed power (voltage and current). I had a charger which got broken because my Z30 sucked too much current for a while.
    And in this case, the Z30 car charger is more than enough.

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 01:15 PM