Switching from the passport to classic was a huge mistake. I've encountered many problems since then:

1. Phone calls don't go through. People have to call me 3 times atleast for the call to go through. And the first time it sends them to voicemail.

2. Emails come 5 seconds late. Can't have that. Like AT&T says, every second counts.

3. Buttons not responsive at times. The S button doesn't respond at times or they get stuck.

4. Phone goes to sleep mode or turns off out of nowhere. I can be browsing the Internet and all of a sudden it does it for no reason.

Patiently waiting for the slider...or the metal passport..

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 01:39 PM
    1, Way the switch?
    2, Did you buy a used Classic?
    3, Metal Passport?
    09-07-15 02:29 PM
    You are experiencing a defective phone it has nothing to do with the classic being a mid range phone. If is still under warranty send it back

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 02:40 PM
    Try another a New one mine works Perfect .
    09-07-15 02:41 PM
    My q5 works better than my q10! So I don't think you can generalize the low end phones like that.

Posted via Q5
    09-07-15 03:03 PM
    Lol these are the problems BlackBerry has to deal with.. your average customer.
    extisis likes this.
    09-07-15 04:10 PM
    Never had any of these issues. Granted, hope you get resolved.

 Classic
    09-07-15 04:12 PM
    U cant generalize it for low end or medium range phones...

Idk but I think many bb's end up having random problems or problems with no short solutions

It's sad that if u have a problem to which no one knows why it happened.. then they just tell u to security wipe it hahaha

I know bb10 is still a new os in comparison... but BlackBerry please squash these bugs from the software!! Hope that there are more developers and beta testers to help BlackBerry with this...

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:37 PM
    I really wish I knew how to solve the late email problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:46 PM
    1, Way the switch?
    3, Metal Passport?
    I had the original passport then classic

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:50 PM
    I really wish I knew how to solve the late email problem.

Posted via CB10
    I know right??!?!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:51 PM
    Switching from the passport to classic was a huge mistake. I've encountered many problems since then:

1. Phone calls don't go through. People have to call me 3 times atleast for the call to go through. And the first time it sends them to voicemail.

2. Emails come 5 seconds late. Can't have that. Like AT&T says, every second counts.

3. Buttons not responsive at times. The S button doesn't respond at times or they get stuck.

4. Phone goes to sleep mode or turns off out of nowhere. I can be browsing the Internet and all of a sudden it does it for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    1) It sounds like it's people calling you where it doesn't go through. How do you know that this is a problem with your Classic? Perhaps it's a carrier problem. Or the person calling you's problem. Or there is no issue and someone is just yanking your chain making you think your phone is broken when really they just forgot to call you when they were supposed to.

2) Can't have 5 seconds late?! Late compared to what? Your Passport? Maybe the Passport gets them 5 seconds early - who's to say? I've had my emails synced across multiple devices and they rarely come at the exact same second. I can't figure it out. Sometimes it's first on one device, other times it's last on that same device. Either way, it's an email. It is not supposed to be an instant message. Hence alternative communication platforms called "instant messaging."

3) Is it "buttons" or just the 'S' key? If it's only the latter it seems that you already excessively pluralize words and perhaps your phone is smarter than you think and it is only trying to help curb your habit to exaggerate things.

4) Perhaps you are a slow reader (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the screen timeout is set to a number that is too fast. If your screen shut off before you finished reading this post then I can guarantee that this is the case.

OP, I hope that you can take all of this with a grain of sugar. I mean no harm. If your phone is actually defective, then my apologies for making fun but go take care of yourself rather than complaining about it. I have the Classic as well as the Passport and I can say that the build quality of both are pretty top notch! But there are always lemons. And BlackBerry should replace your lemon if that is the case with yours.
    09-07-15 05:26 PM
    1, Way the switch?
    3, Metal Passport?
    I had the original passport then classic

Posted via CB10
    Still did not answer the question.
    09-07-15 05:45 PM
    We have 2 Z10s, one Q10 and a Classic. I did have a double typing issue with my first Classic but the replacement is doing well. The other BlackBerry devices have been great. So sorry to hear of ur issues. Hope they get resolved.

Posted via Classic
    09-07-15 06:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    The "metal " passport is here....

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 10:41 PM
    The "metal " passport is here....

Posted via CB10
    Like... a 'Pantera' edition? And I thought the other versions were pretty bad-*** already!
    09-07-15 11:06 PM
    Go for the silver edition Passport!
    09-08-15 12:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    i have also got passport and the classic and both phones work great .............sounds like your classic is faulty go and get it changed
    09-08-15 12:59 AM
    just return it ,it is a great phone,lol
    09-08-15 05:35 AM
    My q5 works better than my q10! So I don't think you can generalize the low end phones like that.

Posted via Q5
    How? they are almost the same phone, the Q5 it's just lower specs, doesn't make sense that it performs better than the Q10
    09-08-15 07:06 AM
    How? they are almost the same phone, the Q5 it's just lower specs, doesn't make sense that it performs better than the Q10
    I guess 'working better' doesn't equally mean 'performing better'. There's the different keyboard and the IPS screen which some prefer. Performance is virtually the same.

Via Pasta CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-15 07:26 AM
    I guess 'working better' doesn't equally mean 'performing better'. There's the different keyboard and the IPS screen which some prefer. Performance is virtually the same.

Via Pasta CB10
    Well, you have a point there
    09-08-15 07:27 AM
    You can also use BlackBerry Link to reload the software. When you do a OS reload with BlackBerry Link, don't restore a backup afterwards. Just reload and set up the phone as it was new.
    www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 09:26 AM
    5 whole seconds?

#firstworldproblems
    conbrio29 likes this.
    09-08-15 09:39 AM
    Still did not answer the question.
    OP probably means "SE". That's a GREAT device.
    +100 for the lemon, Classic quality is top notch, sorry you probably had one OP.
    Agree for the Q5, it's a great low priced device, very durable (my 15yo daughter is using it well ... as a 15yo girl, and zero problem !)
    09-08-15 11:12 AM
33 12