Hey All,

Just wondering if anoyone else on Telus in canada has been experiencing
    1XEV connectivity issues the past couple of days... I called telus yesterday, and they said it was a temporary outage, bt should be up soon.

I called today, and they said everything was fine, yet my BB keeps loosing 3G connectivity, and only gives me 1X (phone and SMS only) therefore most of my apps + bb messanger + push email is up and down all day...

Hopfully its not my BB that is messed up

FYI I have the Curve 8330, my OS is 4.5.077, and my roaming lists were updated 2 weeks ago. I checked with telus, and there havent been anymore updates.

If anyone has any suggestions, or could let me know its not just me, that would be much appreciated

Cheers
    04-01-09 01:35 AM
    Here's a quick round up:

1. Call #22803 -> option 1 -> option 2 [update PRL] (wait until the call hangup by itself)
    2. Call #22803 -> option 1 -> option 1 [activation] (wait until the call hangup by itself)
    3. Remove the battery and let the phone sit for around 1 min.
    4. Put battery back and wait to get confirmation messages that your blackberry is now register on the network. After that you should be good to go. If you don't receive any message. Go to options, advanced options, host table routes, and select whatever you want and click register.

EDIT: Let me know how it goes!
    Last edited by ruffhunter; 04-01-09 at 02:00 AM.
    04-01-09 01:53 AM
    I updated the PRL lastweek with a telus rep on the phone, but he never had me do the activate step. I just did the battery pull. Ill give it a min and see what happens. Thanks for thr great post, i forgot to save the *22803 code in my phone so i could do it myself.. Glad you had it!!!

Ill re-post when my phone loads up

Je viens juste de remarquer que vous etes a quebec aussi, donc je devrait dite une gros merci en place! J'attends encore les courriels d'activation...
    Last edited by Tbrenn; 04-01-09 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Addition:
    04-01-09 02:34 AM
    Ca fait plaisir :P

I ill keep it in english so maybe some other telus users could follow the same step.

Normally everything should be alright after that if you still have only the 1X symbol let me know i will check some thing quick with one of my co-worker
    04-01-09 02:40 AM
    Yeah, english being the "international" language, probablly a safe bet. When the phone first loaded up it briefly had 1XEV, but now its back to only 1X, and i still didn't get the activation emails yet...
    04-01-09 02:42 AM
    alright gimme me a min

edit: Alright now go in your Options ->Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table
    After that go down the list to Telus CDMA [404a40] (or whatever look similar)
    select it -> open the menu and hit "Register Now" normally around 1 min after you should get a message/mail saying that your phone is registered.

If still nothing works redo the steps one by one and do the PRL Update it's a necessary step to make sure you are all good (even if you did it 2 weeks ago :P) And before step one remove the battery and let it sit for a min!

Let me know if it still works!
    Last edited by ruffhunter; 04-01-09 at 02:51 AM.
    04-01-09 02:44 AM
    my 1XEV just came back(Who knows for how long) and i got the email on my BB for your latest post.

If it helps, today during the day, it kept swiching from 1XEV to 1xev, to 1X. I'm not sure what the lowercase 1xev means compared to the Capital 1XEV...
    04-01-09 02:46 AM
    Here's a reminder:

1x: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT but not RIM's servers
    1X: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT as well as connected to RIM's servers
    1xev: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO but not RIM's servers
    1XEV: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO as well as connected to RIM's servers
    04-01-09 02:54 AM
    thanks for the tip on the whole 1xEv thing....

I just re-did all the steps?

PRL Update
    Activation
    Battery Pull
    Host Routing Table Registration

I just got the SMS saying that it's activated, and it now says 1XEV.

Hopefully it will stay that way!! If not, ill call telus and get a credit for my "unlimited" data package...

Thanks again for the help, it is very much appreciated!!!

Regards,

-Tyler
    04-01-09 02:59 AM
    you're welcome whenever you have the same prob just redo these simple steps and everything should be fine after.

I'm glad i had helped you out, and pretty sure you were not the only one

Cheers,
    Alex
    04-01-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD