04-06-08 12:58 PM
- So I flew down to houston from charlotte yesterday. One hour time difference. when i turn on my phone in houston it is still displaying charlotte time. i go into date/time settings and confirm that i have the phone set to network time. the network time shown on the date/time page shows the correct houston time however the phone time still shows charlotte. go to menu and tell it to update time, still nothing. battery pulls, still nothing.?????
any suggestions??? thanks in advance04-06-08 09:31 AM
- chaz_cbRetired Forums Moderator04-06-08 09:32 AM
- sunkastSuper BadNetwork - Synchronizes the time (minutes) with your service provider's local network time.04-06-08 11:48 AM
- As for the above post, I think you should have BOLDED the "minutes" rather than the end of the sentence.
I think that I understand that this is one of those BLACKBERRY WAYS but I don't understand why. When I'm flying, I guess I don't think I should have to sit there in Denver and decide what time zone I'm in and then when I land later in Chicago, do it again. Or going to Hawaii or Alaska, worrying about which zone and whether daylight savings apply. But, again, it seems a quirk of BLACKBERRIES.04-06-08 12:51 PM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorI travel a lot and frequently have meetings in two different time zones in the same day. The method described in the FAQ works for me. I've found, though, that when I change time zones on the BB, some but not all, of my "All Day" Appointments (birthdays, payday, etc) change from "All Day" to "12:00 am-12:00 am." Then when I change the time zone, they move to "1:00 am-1:00" am. They don't change back to "12:00 am-12:00 am" when I change my timezone back to Eastern. So I end up having to go back in Outlook and restore them to "All Day." It's not repeatable enough for me to figure out why it happens to some "All Day" appts and not others. I'm using BES and synching to Outlook 2003. Any thoughts?
Last edited by JeffH; 04-06-08 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Removed repeated "when"04-06-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD