From scouring the net, apparently many people are contacting Netflix in regards to lack of support. In a resent customer review the reviewer commented on how he has contacted Netflix and have been overwhelmed with requests.

Netflix responded that they are looking into the matter.

The moral of this post is for those interested in Netflix. Now is the time to hammer them with requesting supporting BB10.

Does anyone have any response from Netflix or have any solid development leads?
    03-23-13 03:57 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. . .
    nquyen likes this.
    03-23-13 04:04 PM
    Ditto... not clear what the OP means.
    03-23-13 04:07 PM
    We have been requesting it for months. If not years for the playbook. We are constantly told we are looking into the issue sir, we have taken note of your request. They never follow up or give real reasons for not giving us the app.They clearly know there are tens of thousands who would use a proper native app or even a proper port.

It is all politics and it has been for quite some time now. There is very clearly a group of people that do not want netflix on blackberry products.
    03-23-13 04:19 PM
    I am just sharing what I have found through investigating the matter. From what I gather Netflix is becoming more and more interested.
    03-23-13 04:29 PM
    OP you are wasting your time doing all this investigating if you ask me. Netflix knows we want the app on our devices. Like others said, we've been asking since the PlayBook. Lol if they wanna make it, it'll come. If not....then we'll just have to wait until BB10 becomes more successful
    03-23-13 04:50 PM
    We have been requesting it for months. If not years for the playbook. We are constantly told we are looking into the issue sir, we have taken note of your request. They never follow up or give real reasons for not giving us the app.They clearly know there are tens of thousands who would use a proper native app or even a proper port.

It is all politics and it has been for quite some time now. There is very clearly a group of people that do not want netflix on blackberry products.
    The change.com petition for Netflix sends a pre-made email to Netflix with the signer's name attached every time someone signs. . .from last year about 7000+ emails have been sent. . .not to mention the thousands of tweets, chat sessions with support staff and even flippin' phone calls made to them asking for app support. Finally top Blackberry execs pretty much saying for the record that the ball is in their court now. . . when they say it is a technical problem stopping app development someone proves the app can work on the devices, when they say the whole lack of users garbage they go ahead and make an app for a platform that at the time had yet to even have one user (*cough WP8 cough*) . . .so yea. . .now they want to "listen" . . . whoa . ..
    03-23-13 05:06 PM
    From scouring the net, apparently many people are contacting Netflix in regards to lack of support. In a resent customer review the reviewer commented on how he has contacted Netflix and have been overwhelmed with requests.

Netflix responded that they are looking into the matter.

The moral of this post is for those interested in Netflix. Now is the time to hammer them with requesting supporting BB10.

Does anyone have any response from Netflix or have any solid development leads?
    This may be what the OP was referring to on a BBY end user review ..

" However, there was no app for netflix, which i do use on occasion, and I called netflix and the representative told me that several people have asked about this and that netflix IS aware, and that there should be one coming out. I think as a little time goes on, app developers will be making many more for blackberry. "

I also came across an interesting comment somewhere else about one reason that Netflix is reluctant to put it on the BB 10's is that the BB's have a HDMI out so if the user connects to a HD TV the quality of the playback may not be great because of the compression they do for mobile devices ... This may have been covered elsewhere .. apologies if so..
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-23-13 07:18 PM
    So wish they would get a native app, or god forbid to use it on the so called awesome Browser, but of course you cannot....

It is the one thing holding me back currently, or else I would be picking one of these up for sure. I watch a good amount of Netflix due to the down time at my job.

And the so called port is slow and lags from video's i have seen.

Here's to hoping, but not holding my breath.
    03-23-13 09:47 PM
    So wish they would get a native app, or god forbid to use it on the so called awesome Browser, but of course you cannot....

It is the one thing holding me back currently, or else I would be picking one of these up for sure. I watch a good amount of Netflix due to the down time at my job.

And the so called port is slow and lags from video's i have seen.

Here's to hoping, but not holding my breath.
    The side loaded Netflix navigation is definitely slow and laggy however once the video starts its plays just fine. So if you are not flipping between shows and movies every few minutes, I wouldn't let a sided load of the Netflix app hold you back from purchasing the Z10. It works! You're missing out on all the other great features of the unit.
    03-23-13 10:17 PM
    I also came across an interesting comment somewhere else about one reason that Netflix is reluctant to put it on the BB 10's is that the BB's have a HDMI out so if the user connects to a HD TV the quality of the playback may not be great because of the compression they do for mobile devices ... This may have been covered elsewhere .. apologies if so..
    Doubt that... iphone's can do that...expensive but they can do it.
    JR A likes this.
    03-23-13 10:56 PM
    Ditto... not clear what the OP means.
    What's an OP?
    03-23-13 11:15 PM
    A couple weeks ago I contacted Netflix directly. The response I received was that the app is in development for the BB10 and Z10.

Anyone who wants Netflix needs to phone and ask for the app. And ask them to forward the request to business development and whoever else might be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:16 PM
    What's an OP?
    Original Poster
    03-23-13 11:17 PM
    What's an OP?
    original poster...person that started the thread
    03-23-13 11:20 PM
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but Netflix corporate's official answer is that they still have no plans for any BlackBerry device. And that's from their head of corporate communications, on the record via a phone call.

I don't really know what it will take - short of marketshare or a direct payment for it to happen. Still, I wouldn't trust the CSRs on this - they'll say whatever they need to say to try to appease customers. The official line is no plans. I should also note that the official word wasn't a hedge - it was a direct "nope, no plans" and when I asked if they were considering it in the future the answer was "no." I say that not to be negative but to temper expectations.

Calling and signing petitions will likely have very little impact. What talks is money and/or marketshare.
    03-24-13 01:10 AM