Just curious if anyone else has noticed this...or if it's just me.

I've got the .75 firmware installed from VZW (only firmware I've used). Had the Storm for almost a week and am really pleased with it. My first BlackBerry.

So here's what I've noticed... All of the GPS programs I've run report my elevation as a negative number. I'm seeing this on:

BlackStar (reports in feet)
    Nav4All (reports in meters)

Both report Lat/Lon spot on. They just both have minus signs in front of the elevation. Kind of flat around here, so I haven't been able to get to other elevations to try it out. For what it is worth, the elevation seems about right, just with a negative sign in front of it.

Thoughts? Anyone else see this?
    12-15-08 11:35 PM
    Last I remember geotagging an image I got an elevation that seemed to make sense...
    12-15-08 11:39 PM
    You could be below sea level.............

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 11:40 PM
    Last I remember geotagging an image I got an elevation that seemed to make sense...
    I've got geotagging turned on. How do I find the geo information associated with a picture? I'll check that and report...
    12-15-08 11:41 PM
    You could be below sea level.............

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not where I'm at.
    12-15-08 11:41 PM
    I've got geotagging turned on. How do I find the geo information associated with a picture? I'll check that and report...
    Look at the properties of the image. You have to tell the Storm to geo tag it and you have to open BB Maps (or something that lights up the GPS) before it will work.

You'll see a new icon on the camera screen when its gonna work. Make sure you look in the camera options and turn it on. I'm sure you can see the same info in the windows properties but I've not ever really looked at them in anything but Linux.
    12-15-08 11:50 PM
    GPS's take an average of your elevation based on your lat/long position and can be off by +/- 10 meters.
    12-15-08 11:55 PM
    Look at the properties of the image. You have to tell the Storm to geo tag it and you have to open BB Maps (or something that lights up the GPS) before it will work.

You'll see a new icon on the camera screen when its gonna work. Make sure you look in the camera options and turn it on. I'm sure you can see the same info in the windows properties but I've not ever really looked at them in anything but Linux.
    Yeah, I've had it turned on. Just hadn't seen a way to view the coordinates or elevation. It pulls the images up in BB maps just fine.
    12-15-08 11:55 PM
    GPS's take an average of your elevation based on your lat/long position and can be off by +/- 10 meters.
    It's reporting -1200 feet (or -366 m). I'm sitting at about 1300 feet. Off by more than a few meters (if this negative sign is real).
    12-15-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD