I am looking for some detailed info on Yahoo mail for the BB. I would like a hosted BES type service without the $20.00/mo price tag. I would also like it to work with my Apple apps. I am currently using Gogglesync for my calander, and I love it. I would like to try Yahoo, but I just went through a nightmare with NotifyLink, and I want to try to avoid this again. I tried using Google for mail and contacts, but one way sync wasn't cutting it and the address book search was not as robust as BB. I also don't like having my contacts web based, no signal, no contacts.

This is what I have learned so far. Two way sync of mail and contacts, push email, $20.00 for premium service. If I am wrong on any of these please correct me.

The questions I have are:
    1. Does Yahoo have their own mail app on the BB or does it use the BB mail app?
    2. Are the emails stored on the BB memory or is it web based?
    3. Does Yahoo use the BB address book or is that web based?
    4. Does mail sync all the way back to your PC?
    5. Can you file your mail into folders right on the BB?
    6. How does this compare to a full blown BES? I have never had BES service, but I would like to leverage this technology to save me some time.
    7. Anything else you think would be helpful

Thanks in advance
    04-16-08 07:01 PM
    You can try Yahoo Go. It will notify you when you have new emails, psuedo push. However the emails are not stored in memory. It will also sync your bb contact with yahoo. It's not as good as BIS or BES but it not to bad either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD