As a lot of you know, upgrading your OS can sometimes come with some minor bugs. I'm with Sprint, so I have to upgrade to versions that aren't supported by my carrier.

Every version of 4.5 I've tried (whether its beta or other carrier's official) seems to always have the same bug, the dreaded speaker blast. I know a couple of people who have installed their specific carrier's official versions of 4.5 and they don't have the speaker blast at all. I'm kind of wondering if the bug comes from installing non carrier specific or beta OS versions.

So, I'm wondering if the people who have installed their specific carrier's official version of 4.5 could drop some input on whether they have the speaker problem or not. - Thanks
    12-14-08 11:40 AM
    Hey there 1 2 (liking that new avatar you got, quite smooth!)

I have the same model phone on Sprint. I've upgraded to two different non-sprint os's and never experienced the speaker blast bug. I really don't know what to say about it. Perhaps when Sprint gets around to their 4.5 release you can have the upgraded OS without the bug.

I hope it works out for you!
    12-14-08 12:58 PM
    Hey there 1 2 (liking that new avatar you got, quite smooth!)
    I have the same model phone on Sprint. I've upgraded to two different non-sprint os's and never experienced the speaker blast bug. I really don't know what to say about it. Perhaps when Sprint gets around to their 4.5 release you can have the upgraded OS without the bug.

I hope it works out for you!

Thanks, I made it myself. The one you made me is still one of my favorites though. I have a folder on my PC thats full of avatars that I use. it's a mixture of my own creations and avys that other people have made for me. Yours is in the top 5.

I just kinda posted this thread out of curiosity. It's not really vital to my existence or anything. Lol I'm just trying get one step closer to knowing what to expect from Sprint's official release of 4.5
    12-14-08 02:06 PM
    Centennials release was .55 and it runs perfectly. No memory leaks, no volume issues, and no random crashes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 02:40 PM
    I have downloaded the 4.5 on two different BB's and have gotten that both times. It is soooo annoying. I am going to try and hang in there and not update on this latest one, hoping Sprint will come out with it soon..
    Its going to be hard not too though, I sooo miss the HTML email!

Happy Sunday!
    12-14-08 03:43 PM
    The first time I upgraded to 4.5 I used another carriers OS and it was really buggy. I am now using the 4.5 OS from Alltel on my Alltel Curve and I have zero bugs.

12-14-08 03:51 PM
    Thanks, I made it myself. The one you made me is still one of my favorites though. I have a folder on my PC thats full of avatars that I use. it's a mixture of my own creations and avys that other people have made for me. Yours is in the top 5.

I just kinda posted this thread out of curiosity. It's not really vital to my existence or anything. Lol I'm just trying get one step closer to knowing what to expect from Sprint's official release of 4.5

I'm a little off topic here but can someone tell me how to start a post on CB. I know, I know. Duh!

12-14-08 04:22 PM
    Are you on your BB or your PC?

12-14-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD